9th Region

gamer31

Are you serious? 6 feet makes a huge difference. As a pitcher you only need the batter to be off just a little to get him to miss or hit the ball weekly.

Also, kids in SWOL and I am sure elsewhere switch over to big boy baseball at 14U---Regulation pitching distance, bases and -3 bats.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like we need to test it. Let's all get together and take a few swings at an 84 mph fastball from 60 and then have the pitcher move up 6 feet. In the Little league world series (from 46 feet I think) they typically show pitch speed comparing say a 71 mph pitch as the equivalent to a 90+ MLB fastball etc. Not sure how it's calculated but it tells me it at the very least it feels faster to the hitter.

Sounds like we need to test it. Let's all get together and take a few swings at an 84 mph fastball from 60 and then have the pitcher move up 6 feet. In the Little league world series (from 46 feet I think) they typically show pitch speed comparing say a 71 mph pitch as the equivalent to a 90+ MLB fastball etc. Not sure how it's calculated but it tells me it at the very least it feels faster to the hitter.

I'd be there but I think there are too many on here that would throw at my head :thumb:

I'll throw it. Think I'm topping out at about 52 these days, but my change up is lethal. Good news is it sounds like there are about 50 kids in NKy throwing 90, we can grab one of them.

I'll throw it. Think I'm topping out at about 52 these days, but my change up is lethal. Good news is it sounds like there are about 50 kids in NKy throwing 90, we can grab one of them.

With a 52 mph fast ball and your change up probably at around 38, you will have us all either totally confused or lull us to sleep by the time the ball crosses the plate :thumb:

I think my fastball may be in the upper 40's....still trying to find a gun that can go that low. It's very deceptive though, when it leaves my hand many think it may be a 50 mph FB but it has a lot of movement.......usually straight down.

Got a text that Ethan Stringer went yard in his first varsity game against Bourbon Co..:sssh:

???

KHSAA web site claims Bourbon Co. 1st game isn't until the 19th and Beechwood shows the 19th is their 1st game also vs. Boone. Could it have been a scrimmage game?