Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region

Featured Replies

theres a huge difference between 14 year old boys and 18 year old men when it comes to baseball.

  • Replies 173
  • Views 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Yep

With BW having so many D1 and MLB players on their team, and most only freshman, it's a wonder they aren't ranked #1 in NKY :thumb:

dont get me wrong beechwood has some of the best young talent in nky. but we will see this year if they can play with the big boys.:ylsuper:

dont get me wrong beechwood has some of the best young talent in nky. but we will see this year if they can play with the big boys.:ylsuper:

I'm with you. I hope those kids are as good as advertised because I've read many things on here going months back how 3 of their freshman will be hitting 2-5 in the lineup. That's a lot of hype for kids that have never played Varsity. I hope they all bbecome great players but also hope they aren't listening to the hype because they will have enough pressure on them as it is, no need to add even more.

Fieger threw in low 80's as an 8th grader. Combs and Stringer have been clocked at 84-85 as 8th graders. Combs and Stringer both play for Midland. Suchanek is the starting ss for the Flames. I believe they all have a very good shot at playing D1..

What Midland team did they play for? I only ask because Midland has great teams at the 17U and 18U, but too often many people think when you hear midland then they think all their teams are great.....lower ages aren't there yet, nnot saying they aren't good, just saying they aren't the caliber as the 17 and 18u teams.....just sayin.

What Midland team did they play for? I only ask because Midland has great teams at the 17U and 18U, but too often many people think when you hear midland then they think all their teams are great.....lower ages aren't there yet, nnot saying they aren't good, just saying they aren't the caliber as the 17 and 18u teams.....just sayin.

 

 

They played for the Tomahawks, the top tier Midland team. They play top level, nationwide competition. Believe me, they have seen plenty of varsity level pitching. Yes, there may be an adjustment playing with older kids. But athletically, and skills wise they can compete. I don't think there is a team in NKY they wouldn't start for this year.

So, with what your saying this kid should be playing for the BIG Midland team this summer, the Redskins. If he's averaging 84-85 as an 8th grader they will have him up with them. Not going to take anything away from the kid, but that's a bold statement to say he'll bi-pass college and go straight into the draft, not that that couldn't happen. As mentioned by someone else on this thread, not all the Midland teams are what they used to be. All there monies and efforts are put into there Redskin's team and maybe a little goes to their Braves team.

 

I've seen Stringer play since he was 7 years old. Best pure hitter I've ever seen....He may not play D1, cause there is a good chance he gets drafted high. He's + in 4 of the 5 tools, and if he can learn to play the outfield competently, he'll bypass the college level.
They played for the Tomahawks, the top tier Midland team. They play top level, nationwide competition. Believe me, they have seen plenty of varsity level pitching. Yes, there may be an adjustment playing with older kids. But athletically, and skills wise they can compete. I don't think there is a team in NKY they wouldn't start for this year.

That's awesoome. I just think the expectations that some on here are putting on them may be a little too much. If they are as good as advertised I wonder why the coaches aren't buying into the hype...BW didn't even make the top 10 in coaches poll. Now I am one that never puts a lot of weight in the coaches poll, no matter what sport. Cooper wasn't in the top 10 coaches poll for football at the beginning of the season last year and we all saw what they ended up doing.

They played for the Tomahawks, the top tier Midland team. They play top level, nationwide competition. Believe me, they have seen plenty of varsity level pitching. Yes, there may be an adjustment playing with older kids. But athletically, and skills wise they can compete. I don't think there is a team in NKY they wouldn't start for this year.

 

i played in the swol for 7 years, playing the best teams in indiana, ohio, and kentucky. Im a pretty good player but my freshman year it was still much different playing varsity teams compared to the great eight grade teams i was playing the summer before.

So, with what your saying this kid should be playing for the BIG Midland team this summer, the Redskins. If he's averaging 84-85 as an 8th grader they will have him up with them. Not going to take anything away from the kid, but that's a bold statement to say he'll bi-pass college and go straight into the draft, not that that couldn't happen. As mentioned by someone else on this thread, not all the Midland teams are what they used to be. All there monies and efforts are put into there Redskin's team and maybe a little goes to their Braves team.
Did they pitch from 54 last year or 60? I've heard great things about these kids. Are they 14U or 15U this year?
That's awesoome. I just think the expectations that some on here are putting on them may be a little too much. If they are as good as advertised I wonder why the coaches aren't buying into the hype...BW didn't even make the top 10 in coaches poll. Now I am one that never puts a lot of weight in the coaches poll, no matter what sport. Cooper wasn't in the top 10 coaches poll for football at the beginning of the season last year and we all saw what they ended up doing.

 

I tend to agree with you ... no one should get too far ahead of themselves. No doubt the Beechwood youngsters are talented but let's not put them in the big leagues.

 

My guess is Beechwood will start the season a little slow while the young players figure things out and the new coach gets things put together. But by tournament time they may be a team to watch out for.

Combs and Stringer have played against the top talent at their age group in the country. I think they will be able to handle varsity baseball in Nky...

 

Slusher started for the 16U Kentucky Colonels at 14 and was one of the top hitters in thier lineup. He held his own against many 18 year olds.

Another freshman talent for BW is Kyle Rowe, he pitched JV last year as an 8th grader.

Slusher started for the 16U Kentucky Colonels at 14 and was one of the top hitters in thier lineup. He held his own against many 18 year olds.

Another freshman talent for BW is Kyle Rowe, he pitched JV last year as an 8th grader.

 

I am glad you mentioned Slusher. Of all the talented athletes in this freshman class, he is the one who has impressed me the most. I am talking about as an all around athlete, not just baseball.

theres a huge difference between 14 year old boys and 18 year old men when it comes to baseball.

 

Combs is 6'4 225 and Stringer is 6'1 190.. They have both already played varsity football.. Like I said they will be ok..

Did they pitch from 54 last year or 60? I've heard great things about these kids. Are they 14U or 15U this year?

 

60...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.