Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Homer J Simpson

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Homer J Simpson

  1. The crowd was outstanding. Great atmosphere
  2. Nobody's name has been thrown in or out of the ring. The job isn't open at this time.
  3. On the boys side, I would say emphatically NO! - Prior to this season, CovCath last won the region in 2006 and NCC it was 2000. IMO, clearly Holmes is the program to beat in the 9th region having won 5 titles since 2005 with a state title in 2009.
  4. Agree 100%. Coach Ruthsatz changed the culture. His program swept all 3 divisions in the 9th region this season - Freshman, JV, and Varsity all won regional titles. That's a great accomplishment in just 3 years at the helm!
  5. Picture # 120 is a classic. See the fans in background pointing.
  6. You earn nothing with talk! When you earn it on the field then and only then can you get the respect of others. And if you earn that respect, don't talk about it - show some class. In the words of legendary coach Paul Brown " Act like you've been there before" I think the bolded quote above shows that you are a member of this team and are excited about the future however, my advice is to let things happen, enjoy the process, and do your talking on the field. Beating Highlands is always the goal at CCH but wanting to do it and doing it are two different things. My favorite saying about potential is this - "Potential is an excuse to procrastinate; Ambition is a means to thrive" I wish you much amibition!
  7. I will agree with no games on individual parishes during their Mass hours, but an all day restriction is completely overboard and an all too typical response in today's society. You can't put regulations in that will force families to attend Mass and/or spend time together. The families that value that time together are making it happen already! Those that aren't won't change because of some Diocesan directive. What's next - no festivals, bingos, or other activities on Sunday? Can't have that, it takes away the almighty $$ and how will they implement equal time to play a game at the festival and insure everyone is a winner and goes home with a trophy!
  8. Curious about the Sunday restriction and whether or not it is only during normal Mass hours or an all day restriction. If they restrict the entire day, it will eliminate tournament fundraisers for volleyball and basketball.
  9. John McKay head coach of the Tampa Bay Bucs - a reporter asked what he thought of his team's execution to which he replied "I'm in favor of it"
  10. Going back in time to the early 1980's, Cov Cath got one year from Don Turney who transferred in from ? - lived in NKY but may have started high school in Cincinnati. He later went to Marshall and was drafted in late rounds of NBA draft. I remember him matching up against state championship team from SK with McKinley, Meier, and Dixon.
  11. All this talk of how good the freshman are is laughable. It happens every year. For the love of God, let the boys play it out on the field without all this useless banter from someone who is obviously trying to pump up one kid as though he's the second coming of Ray Lewis.
  12. Why don't you ask Coach Roesel (and the rest of the region's coaches) if he thinks they are overhyped? I think you'll find respect for the coach and the program, not hype. Congrats to Ryle on the win and good luck to Coach Roesel.
  13. Well done TOG! I agree with this assesment 100%! I might add - how many kids have stayed and played the game (regardless of playing time) because their coach is a role model and positive influence on and off the field!
  14. Good luck to Coach Bieg's and thanks for all the hard work to get the Cooper program on the right track to sustained success.
  15. Gunnar is a nice player but he will not play varsity next year.
  16. Haven't seen Cov Cath this year. Is this the players or coaches you are referencing?
  17. I would be willing to bet that in 80% (if not more) of these type cases, the kids have no problem with the coach, only the parent(s). Yet the kids are left to suffer the consequences of the parents actions/behaivor.
  18. Great event and nice job by Coach Michels, his family, and Cov Cath for hosting and helping to raise funds for Autism. I have a niece who works with autistic children and shared this info and the website link with her. She loved it and plans to share it with her colleagues. Best Wishes for good weather and a great day of baseball for all involved.
  19. Krumps probably wanted to get an early start on the annual criticism of his coaching style!!!:clap:
  20. I gotta question all these kids throwing mid to high 80's and low 90's. Where can I buy one of these guns so I can start clocking my kids? There seem to be a number of BGP members on here with scouting experience and they certainly don't make these outrageous statements.
  21. Congrats on the success of your children and the program you started and good luck going forward. From my standpoint, I'm done with the back and forth and I'll just agree to disagree on this particular topic.
  22. Good to see Crazy Chuck Hartman, Dean of Discipline and Resident Commandant of the Colonel Crazies!
  23. Just having some fun, definitly don't fit into the "elitist" category, and still think it's comical to talk about such young "talent". I only looked at this thread because I couldn't believe there was 23 pages about NKY Middle School basketball.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.