Cov Cath vs. Highlands

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On all levels of play, varsity, JV, and Freshman. How do these two team stack up. What to do they need to improve on, what will try miss from last year and who are some young men that we should look at.

Why don't you start off this thread and tell us what you think first.

Why don't you start off this thread and tell us what you think first.

The good old rivalry of CCH vs. Highlands. It's always the highlighted came on both of these schools schedule. No one wants to lose it.

Cch looks to rebound after a tough loss last year, many thought that last year was the team to beat highlands. Didn't happen. We lost a lot with Blake Bir. But we have a very skilled Adam Wagner to replace him. Although he doesn't have the arm of Bir, he can run. We will be set with Luke Bir at rb and dressman. Dressman, I think is the difference maker.

The defense looks rough right now, but will return to its original self when season kicks in. Big Sam burchell will not let up. Nelms is looking for someone to smash in the mouth. The third lb spot is still up for grabs. Anyone from rensing, harden, timerman, Kathman, and many more sophomores may fill in at this spot. Also, freshman alex shelton may see a few snaps at backer.

In a whole the colonels look to be strong and fast. The game will end a fun one.

Cch freshman: this team looks to be a very talented, fast, athletic, big. Led by alex shelton and Cole vonhandorf, this team looks to finally end the birds streak and witht time, will hopefully bring home a state championship.

Should be a great year.

But the winner of HHS vs. CCH usually goes to the team with less turnovers. If cov cath cuts down on TO's and forces highlands to punt they will win.

The good old rivalry of CCH vs. Highlands. It's always the highlighted came on both of these schools schedule. No one wants to lose it.

Cch looks to rebound after a tough loss last year, many thought that last year was the team to beat highlands. Didn't happen. We lost a lot with Blake Bir. But we have a very skilled Adam Wagner to replace him. Although he doesn't have the arm of Bir, he can run. We will be set with Luke Bir at rb and dressman. Dressman, I think is the difference maker.

The defense looks rough right now, but will return to its original self when season kicks in. Big Sam burchell will not let up. Nelms is looking for someone to smash in the mouth. The third lb spot is still up for grabs. Anyone from rensing, harden, timerman, Kathman, and many more sophomores may fill in at this spot. Also, freshman alex shelton may see a few snaps at backer.

In a whole the colonels look to be strong and fast. The game will end a fun one.

Cch freshman: this team looks to be a very talented, fast, athletic, big. Led by alex shelton and Cole vonhandorf, this team looks to finally end the birds streak and witht time, will hopefully bring home a state championship.

Should be a great year.

But the winner of HHS vs. CCH usually goes to the team with less turnovers. If cov cath cuts down on TO's and forces highlands to punt they will win.

This could be the best senior class that HHS has ever had. I see HHS winning state again. After next year I think it will be wide open..

This could be the best senior class that HHS has ever had. I see HHS winning state again. After next year I think it will be wide open..
When you say after next year, do you mean after the 2013 season, or after the 2014 season?

If CovCath has to count on a Frosh (not sayin he isnt capable) to play Varsity LBer then my guess is the Blueboys are not quite ready to be claiming State Championships just yet. Still a whole bunch of work to be done in Park Hills imo.

FWIW, I do see CovCath making huge strides from where they were just 3 short yrs ago and provided the PHM can stay quiet then I can see them getting better and better each yr. :thumb:

If CovCath has to count on a Frosh (not sayin he isnt capable) to play Varsity LBer then my guess is the Blueboys are not quite ready to be claiming State Championships just yet. Still a whole bunch of work to be done in Park Hills imo.

FWIW, I do see CovCath making huge strides from where they were just 3 short yrs ago and provided the PHM can stay quiet then I can see them getting better and better each yr. :thumb:

From what I have heard on BGP so far is that the entire CocCath freshman could start Varsity this year. And win!

From what I have heard on BGP so far is that the entire CocCath freshman could start Varsity this year. And win!

All this talk of how good the freshman are is laughable. It happens every year. For the love of God, let the boys play it out on the field without all this useless banter from someone who is obviously trying to pump up one kid as though he's the second coming of Ray Lewis.

Highlands frosh football is always a mystery, because they have never played as a single unit prior to coming together as freshman. We can all give our 2 cents about what we think the pieces will look like when they come together, but until it all plays out it is a tough thing to judge. Not to mention those same freshman seem to make some awfully big jumps once coach Mueller gets his hands on them the spring and summer following their freshman season.

One poster doesn't speak for everyone. They will NOT count on any Freshmen this year.