Bob Beiger out at Cooper

Coach Beiger informed the team he will no longer be the coach after this season. I may not always agree with his line-ups, etc.. but he has given a ton of time and work to build Cooper baseball from day one and I for one appreciate it. My son has played varsity for him all five years and I want to thank him for his efforts to help further teach my son the game.

I do think the program is headed in the right direction and should garner a ton of interest.

Why would he announce this befor the season is over? Any idea of the reason given for his decision?

I don't recall hearing any negativity about him other than some questioning the lineup.

My son played a JV game there years ago and after the game every Cooper player came down the 3rd base line where the CCH parents/fans were sitting and shook our hand and thanked us for coming.

Biegs , like all of us, does things that people do not like. However, he does a lot of things that show his love for the game.

^My guess is he announced to kids as he didn't want them hearing it from someone else which I think is correct thing to do. I hope the kids reward his hard work over the years by playing good ball Saturday and again on Monday in the district game versus Ryle. When Cooper puts their "A" team on the field they have been very competitive.

IMO, it may be best for coach Beiger and the school to get a fresh start. My son's high school career is over after this season so it doesn't affect me one way or the other though.

I questioned at first the timing also, but agree with "hja". In regards to this I will say, there has been high's and low's, just as in life. I can't say my son wasn't taught anything, because he was. I agree also with the time put in by Biegs. I worked with him for 2 years and we were pretty much non stop baseball. We didn't always see eye to eye, but who does. My son on the other hand "hja" :thumb: will be back next year, so I hope they find them a good one to take over what was started. If I could have anyone out there, I would like to see Mr. Timmy Grogan. He would be a perfect fit.

Bob Beiger is a tough hard nosed old school coach.

There are not many like him around anymore.

His knowledge of the game is exceptional, matched by his love for the game.

I imagine it could be difficult for the current generation of high schoolers to play for him.

He may sit the "better" player due to things like attitude, hustle, team-first mentality (or lack of it).

My oldest son played for him years ago & he was better off for it.

Best wishes for the continued success at Cooper,

and Best wishes for Coach Bob Beiger, whatever he may do next!

Bob used to put on some pre-season clinics for knothole and little league coaches. I learned some great drills from him. He also gave me some good ideas for practice management.

He's s good guy and it always seed to be about the kids and teaching them to play and love the game.

Best of luck to Coach Beiger wherever he lands. He's an incredible baseball coach and has done so much for kids in this area. However, it's obvious that his style wore out his welcome in Union. It's no secret the school has had to hand him suspensions, etc. but at the end of the day, he was going to do it his way. I admire Bob's passion for the game and am certain those kids will rally around him this week.

Beiger is a good coach that needs to find the right place where his style fits. It might not anymore, as many parents think their kid should get drafted in the first 7 rounds of the MLB draft or at least get a full ride to Mississippi State because they played on the Bluegrass or Colonels summer team.

many parents think their kid should get drafted in the first 7 rounds of the MLB draft or at least get a full ride to Mississippi State because they played on the Bluegrass or Colonels summer team.

This. Just because Junior was killing it against Cooter Creek Oil and Gas does not mean he will be Division I bound. No kid is going anywhere because of their high school coach. They are irrelevant to the college plans. So, sit back and enjoy watching your kid play, it might be your last time.

Bob Bieger lived and died for this Baseball team, always wore his heart on his sleeve and has taught a lot of good kids the game.

He loves the game and put everything into starting this program at Cooper. He will be missed and all the time he put into that field will be tough to top.

I wish him all the best. My boy I know will always hold a special place in his heart for Bieg's, it was Bob who got him his first varsity letter when he was a Freshman.

Best of luck in the future for Biegs.