Everything posted by Miller
-
Something Seems Fishy: Riherd's, Tackett, and Arbiter
Really nice post here. Very valid points as well. I have loved the Riherds product for so many years, like many, and miss it much. Unfortunately you cannot buy something that isn't for sale. And while the KHSAA paid some operating costs to it, that I admit I do not know, the product was Mr. Riherds and he is the lone person who could sell or hand it over. The state office couldn't afford it if he asked a reasonable price anyway, I would assume. I also don't presume to understand how tech sale prices bloom to great costs, but someone knowledgeable could probably get us a figure. This whole two year process makes you really wonder if there was a fracture between the KHSAA and Mr. Riherd and with his health, and legacy, to consider - it's possible he chose to let it live on in its current form, a historical database. However, given the state of the current scoreboard, and the ease of the rival ones, hopefully someone would be handed the reigns as a gesture to keeping it running, but that's my selfishly wishful thinking.
-
Corbin 35 Highlands 21
You obviously mistake my point there, but that's fine. However, since you went there, I will correct you. That play was illegal, it doesn't matter that he notified the official, and I could honestly care less who won considering I have no ties to either school. I was only pointing out a verifiable fact that the game was iced on a play where illegal participation should have been called. To be even more honest, after it happened, I credited Boyle's coach for the guts of that play, because he knew it was illegal as well. He was going to win the game on that, or punt and let his defense handle the rest. Not everything posted is an attack on Boyle County. They're amazing and deserve to be where they are. Good Lord. Please get over it!!!
-
Corbin 35 Highlands 21
4A is far and away the hardest class to win in Kentucky. Corbin is a very tradition rich program, as is Highlands, Boyle, Covington Catholic, etc. Some days are just not your day. We can blame the rain, the refs, the coaches, the matchup, or whatever we choose to deflect from the truth. At the end of the day, when the 11 players on your team cross the sideline and enter the field - they have to make plays. Everyone is the prince when you win, but the frog when you lose. Highlands had a very good year and are relevant again. They beat CovCath, Frederick Douglass, lost by 1 to possibly the best team in the state, on the road, in a game that was iced on a play that was illegal. Beat Scott County, another regional finalist, and beat Ryle, a current 6A semi-finalist. Corbin made plays, Highlands did not. Kudos to them and best of luck to them next Friday night. Congrats to Highlands on a very good season.
-
Lloyd Memorial 28 Russell 13
Congrats Juggs! Been a fun group to watch this season. Wishing them all a healthy week and the best of luck next Friday!
-
Cooper 49 Scott County 21
Congrats to Cooper on a fantastic road win! It's a shame that this game has been shadowed with drama, but it's a good "survive and advance" lesson heading into the regional final. Wishing them luck going forward.
-
Simon Kenton at Beechwood Predictions/Updates
Prayers to the young man injured. I hope that he is okay!!
-
Simon Kenton at Woodford County Predictions/Updates (Canceled)
This really sticks for the kids, coaches and supporters. Wish they could get that in, but now I just hope they can each find a game in their bye week so the kids don't lose a game. Tough break for sure.
-
Bullitt East at Bryan Station Predictions/Updates
?
-
Ashland fires Jason Mays
I’m not an advocate of any high school coach losing their job, but this news is a victory to all of those coaches who do things the right way on a daily basis. He knew the rules and broke them to benefit himself. The shame of it is, the KHSAA knows the serial offenders of this bylaw, but they allow it to continue. This includes the current state championship team, whose facilities host KHSAA championship events. I guess partnerships are forever. Regardless if it’s the governing body of the state athletic association, a car dealer, or the traditional partner-in-crime.
-
Simon Kenton 38 Ryle 31
Really fun game to watch as a fan. Congrats to both teams on playing their hearts out and congrats to Simon Kenton on the win.
-
Beechwood 34 Lloyd 7
I'm absolutely sickened to hear this about Mitchell. Positive vibes to him that this is not a worst case scenario. I love watching this young man compete. Congrats to the Tigers on the win.
-
State Games
I had this exact conversation with someone yesterday. I don't think any RPI system is perfect, but you can't deny the fact that the best two teams per class met in the final this weekend, regardless of their ranking going in. Fantastic games.
-
Mike Woolf resigns from Campbell County
Wishing Coach Woolf luck moving forward.
-
St. Xavier vs. Madison Central Predictions/Updates
?
-
St. Xavier vs. Madison Central Predictions/Updates
Still wayyyy too much time left. X will normalize.
-
St. Xavier vs. Madison Central Predictions/Updates
Madison Central is playing well. X looks sloppy. Hope the commentary continues. Gonna need this to be 40-40 and go to overtime to continue to hear the commentary.
-
St. Xavier vs. Madison Central Predictions/Updates
Told ya ?
-
St. Xavier vs. Madison Central Predictions/Updates
You won't be disappointed.
-
St. Xavier vs. Madison Central Predictions/Updates
Update: I'm sure the KHSAA, nor school, will not enjoy their language, but it's making me root along with them so I can hear them keep getting excited.
-
St. Xavier vs. Madison Central Predictions/Updates
The people sitting near this camera have absolutely no idea what they're talking about ?
-
Prayers for Dawson Springs
Terrible news. Prayers to all families and the community. Simply awful.
-
Russellville vs. Newport Central Catholic Predictions/Updates
Such a nice looking field surface, especially this late in the year.
-
Russellville vs. Newport Central Catholic Predictions/Updates
I love the look of Russellville's field surface. Is that Bermuda? Love the black paint too. Very sharp! Good luck to both teams.
-
Open Job: Lexington Catholic
Congrats to Coach Smith on this cool opportunity. Wish him luck during this process. LexCath will find the right fit.
-
Woodford County vs. Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates
I like CovCath in this game. They've found ways to win games by grinding out drives and getting points on offense. To be fair, I have not seen much of Woodford County and know they are very good, but the way CovCath's defense has been playing makes me feel they will come out on top. Regardless, I hope it's a great game and both teams come out healthy.