Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Big Cat

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by The Big Cat

  1. Didn't know you posted this Jimmy. I was just getting ready to post. Congrats!!!
  2. Hope all goes well for him! He is one of the players on my son's summer team, and he has said how nice of a kid he is. Prayers to him and his family!!!
  3. Thank you Skinny! Why the Cooper kids were not turned in is sad. They will be having 2 seniors Jared Blank and Nick Carr and 2 juniors Jake Lawhorn and Hunter Dunn showing up to represent Cooper.
  4. Don't think those boys didn't already run. They would run as much as the Cross Country team. Hopefully he sticks with the progression of the updated workout programs that Cooper had been doing. Will be good to talk to him to see where this part of his baseball knowledge is at.
  5. I think he will find it as much a gain as theirs. He is walking into a Goldmine.
  6. I can tell you for a fact that there was interest. I spoke to him personally about this and I know that he spoke with Randy Borchers. Problem would not be just having a newborn, it would be something different.
  7. It might have only been 3 innings, but he seemed to struggle a little and Boone hit him pretty well in I think the second. He threw quite a few pitches for 3 innings, at least it seemed like it.
  8. Congrats to yet another NKY young man moving on to the next level. Don't know the young man, but met his dad last night and got a chance to speak with him. Really nice down to earth guy. KUDOS!!!
  9. The Head Coach normally picks his staffs for all the levels. The only coach that I would say would have an in would be Freshman Coach Donague since he is a teacher at Cooper.
  10. Congrats to Nolan Klein, Trey Martin and Trey Ganns.
  11. Why did he have to make a quick judgement on that particular call? What about the other players safety of a potential ball and player coming towards his head. This could have been discussed IMO amongst the crew at least.
  12. Only head coaches get paid MAC. Once again, the errors shouldn't ever enter the umpires mind. You keep going back to this error thing and this just reminds me of umpires that are weak and make comments like that.
  13. They were bad calls and I have the right just like anyone else on here to give my opinion. We could go back and forth over this for quite some time and neither is going to move on the matter. Have a good day!
  14. He obviously called what he thought he saw, but I wasn't the only one that felt the calls were bad. So, to answer your question, I don't agree. He's usually much better compared to what I saw the other day.
  15. Panties must be in a wad with all the sarcasm. Yeah, actually we have gotten along on and off the field.
  16. And your point is.......? Sounds like a weak umpire response. That has nothing to do with making calls.
  17. I have already donated many years of coaching and monies to the kids. I did not get paid and already "Did it for the kids". I do think that this umpire was completely off his game and do personally like the guy. Problem is, he had on off game while getting paid.
  18. Call at first, runner was out by half a step and the swing he called a check swing. Both in the first 2 innings. I was down right across from first then and both calls were blown. Good luck to the Raiders the rest of the way. That game should be a wake up call for them.
  19. Bottom line is that was a terrible call on Hawthorn. I guguarantee if I come flying down towards that ump he would put his arms up to protect himself. I really like that particular ump but he had 3 bad calls and I will let him know it when I see him out somewhere.
  20. I just want to say this because it's been mentioned many times on this thread. The "OLD SCHOOL" methods never seemed to bother the young men from Cooper. Not all of the training was old school either. These boys have been trained by Dan Ryan which utilizes methods used by MLB etc. players and also used the exact workout the New York Mets use. Don't think either is old school so throw that thought out of the mix of why this happened IMO. Yes he's from the old school, but not closed minded to things that could help the kids get better that was different from how he learned or taught.
  21. Hope your right Dinger....Cooper loses their SS, 2B and CF. OF should end up still being solid, but the infield is going to need to be figured out. The really good thing is, is that they return all their pitching but 1.
  22. Looks like my boy Nater got touched up a little just like my boy Dunn did today. Nate and Hunter, all I got to say is it will be good to see you guys in the summer. That is not a norm for either one of you and just look at it as one of those days. Probably bias, but 2 of the most dominant pitchers in the area. See ya soon!!!
  23. kywonder.....Hoard, See, Brennen were the Ryle pitchers.
  24. I questioned at first the timing also, but agree with "hja". In regards to this I will say, there has been high's and low's, just as in life. I can't say my son wasn't taught anything, because he was. I agree also with the time put in by Biegs. I worked with him for 2 years and we were pretty much non stop baseball. We didn't always see eye to eye, but who does. My son on the other hand "hja" :thumb: will be back next year, so I hope they find them a good one to take over what was started. If I could have anyone out there, I would like to see Mr. Timmy Grogan. He would be a perfect fit.
  25. Thanks Jags.....Guess I should have googled first!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.