Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights 6 Beechwood 2 (9th Region Tournament)

Featured Replies

Final.

 

Dixie down 2-1 entering 7th. Tied it on an RBI double by Caple to score Daria. The double put runners on 2nd and 3rd. After a walk to load the bases by Elkus, Combs hits a walk-off grand slam to win 6-2.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dixie had 2 outs and nobody on in the seventh (down 2-1) when the Beechwood pitcher plunked a batter and all Hades broke loose.

Congrats to Dixie and Coach Maxwell, and Daria, Combs with the Bomb, Elkus,and Niehaus. Good group of kids. Disappointed for Beechwood, but a great run for Coach Mullins and Company!

Congrats to the Colonels on the win!

I kept waiting for Beechwood to blow it open, but it never happened. Let the colonels hang around too long and BAAM! congrats to the Dixie kids. Also to the Tigers on a good season.

 

Does the score go down as 6 2. Or 3 2? The board said 3 2. And I thought 6 2. Since it was a grand slam. Others I talked to were mixed. Kid deserves it to be 6 2. It was a great shot.

I kept waiting for Beechwood to blow it open, but it never happened. Let the colonels hang around too long and BAAM! congrats to the Dixie kids. Also to the Tigers on a good season.

 

Does the score go down as 6 2. Or 3 2? The board said 3 2. And I thought 6 2. Since it was a grand slam. Others I talked to were mixed. Kid deserves it to be 6 2. It was a great shot.

 

All runs are included in a homerun (6-2 Final). And yes, a very deceiving final score.

From Facebook tonight about the game:

 

Beechwood lost tonight in the Regions. Sportsmanship and good character appeared to be displayed by both teams. It is a shame that character was tarnished when I over heard a Dixie parent refer to the Beechwood kids as "tools". Today I am embarrassed to know I graduated from Dixie.

What is wrong with you? Get a life!

 

He/She has been on a roll of late...

He/She has been on a roll of late...

 

The roll is over...

  • Author

Final was 6-2. Board may have only showed 3 because the scoreboard operator had to leave and there was a change over.

 

Stats later.

Niehaus pitched a very good game for Dixie. I think Beechwood only had 4 hits all night.

From Facebook tonight about the game:

 

Beechwood lost tonight in the Regions. Sportsmanship and good character appeared to be displayed by both teams. It is a shame that character was tarnished when I over heard a Dixie parent refer to the Beechwood kids as "tools". Today I am embarrassed to know I graduated from Dixie.

 

I have heard this term before...What exactly is a "tool" ?

I have heard this term before...What exactly is a "tool" ?

 

It isn't a term of endearment.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.