Last Game for Coach Ruthsatz?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you believe that it was Scott Ruthsatz last game as a Cov Cath coach?

I have no insight on this (for those of you in the know my cousin and I never talk about this stuff) but it makes sense and/or the timing is right.

I have heard from several reliable, and different, sources that him leaving is a done deal. Rumor says a house up there has been secured. And that a position on the college staff as an assistant coach is in the works.

If you are going to leave, then this is the time with your 8th grade son going into HS.

I have absolutely no hard evidence, but the guys who told me are both top notch professionals "in the know."

It would certainly make sense for him to step out now, if that's something he's interested in doing.

A) His stock is currently at the highest it's ever been, coming off a state championship season.

B) Nick is graduating from Cov Cath and headed to a school in the general direction of their family's "home" in Sandusky, OH.

C) His younger son would have the opportunity to start as an incoming freshman at a new school and potentially attend all 4 years of high school there.

Not familiar with NKY basketball but why would he leave after winning state title? Wanting to go out on top

Get to continue watching older son, as well as younger ones.

Also, he seems to be very ambitious. He left one of the top programs in the country (as an assistant) to come to CCH.

C) His younger son would have the opportunity to start as an incoming freshman at a new school and potentially attend all 4 years of high school there.

To this point, and Ennam the 4th's point about Scott coaching in college, this is where I think the theories jump the track. Scott loves how Nick's career went, how it ended, and how it resulted in free school at the next level. He'll want to be able to control Ayden's career in a similar fashion.

Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to expect Scott to be coaching at CovCath next year with Ayden starting at the point on the JV team from day #1.

Get to continue watching older son, as well as younger ones.

Also, he seems to be very ambitious. He left one of the top programs in the country (as an assistant) to come to CCH.

I thought it may be because he wanted to watch his son play in college. That's understandable. What program was he an assistant at?

To this point, and Ennam the 4th's point about Scott coaching in college, this is where I think the theories jump the track. Scott loves how Nick's career went, how it ended, and how it resulted in free school at the next level. He'll want to be able to control Ayden's career in a similar fashion.

Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to expect Scott to be coaching at CovCath next year with Ayden starting at the point on the JV team from day #1.

The "coaching at the college level" was what I was told. I don't understand why he would.

I would also point out that it is very tough coaching your own child. Very stressful for dad and son... extra pressure. I could understand not wanting to put your younger ones through that. Although, I could see wanting to continue... tough decisions.