Last Game for Coach Ruthsatz?

I would also point out that it is very tough coaching your own child. Very stressful for dad and son... extra pressure. I could understand not wanting to put your younger ones through that. Although, I could see wanting to continue... tough decisions.

I think Scott relishes it, and I think he believes he'd be doing what is best for Ayden by coaching him for four years as well. In a vacuum, I agree with you though, it is really tough.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To this point, and Ennam the 4th's point about Scott coaching in college, this is where I think the theories jump the track. Scott loves how Nick's career went, how it ended, and how it resulted in free school at the next level. He'll want to be able to control Ayden's career in a similar fashion.

Until I hear otherwise, I'm going to expect Scott to be coaching at CovCath next year with Ayden starting at the point on the JV team from day #1.

I agree with everything you are saying except for the bolded. Have you seen Ayden play? In no way am I trying to bash Ayden as a player, a person or in any way shape or form. He is a good player, but not yet a great one. To place him in that position will be a mistake if it is done based on name alone. And, unless he improves significantly between now and next year, there will be better options to run the point at CCH next year. In fact, I do not believe he started the point a single game in his 7th or 8th grade years.

Believe that Ruthsatz will be back on the CovCath bench.

Findlay has been successful because of the quality and loyalty of their coaching staff. Unless Coach Shardo who is currently the Associate Head Coach has applied and is about to be named a coach somewhere else I don't see an opening on their bench. Don't see Ruthsatz being the 4-5th assistant on D-2 bench at this point in his career.

Believe that Ruthsatz will be back on the CovCath bench.

Findlay has been successful because of the quality and loyalty of their coaching staff. Unless Coach Shardo who is currently the Associate Head Coach has applied and is about to be named a coach somewhere else I don't see an opening on their bench. Don't see Ruthsatz being the 4-5th assistant on D-2 bench at this point in his career.

Lots of really good points here. I've heard since early January that this could very well be his last season in NKY. If so, good for him. He's a fantastic coach and will do well with whatever he's got in the works. I agree with the masses, if you're going to move an 8th grader, go now. Time will tell, I suppose.

He is a very good coach. He coached a kid that went on to be d2 player of the year I believe.

Just because he had a player that turned out to be a D2 Player of the Year does not make him a good coach. Don't know anything about Tony B, but this is no way qualifies him as a good coach. All Bad coaches have a good/great player at some point.

Do you like Tony B? Do you think he is a good coach?

I think he is more than qualified for this job, He won 20 games at Silver Grove when he was there, that alone speaks volumes. You need to try to keep this nucleus together, if possible. The team is going to be centered around CVH for the next 3 years, who has a great relationship with Joe Fredrick.

In previous threads, I stated Scott runs this program like a college or a St. Anthony's. Tony can keep that format in tact. You will take a couple steps back initially by hiring an outsider.

Hopefully this is just talk and Scott stays at CCH.

I think he is more than qualified for this job, He won 20 games at Silver Grove when he was there, that alone speaks volumes. You need to try to keep this nucleus together, if possible. The team is going to be centered around CVH for the next 3 years, who has a great relationship with Joe Fredrick.

In previous threads, I stated Scott runs this program like a college or a St. Anthony's. Tony can keep that format in tact. You will take a couple steps back initially by hiring an outsider.

Hopefully this is just talk and Scott stays at CCH.

You do realize the CC head coaching job has just become one of the biggest head coaching jobs in the state, right? Parochial School salary or not. If Silver Grove is his only head coaching experience, then in no way does he qualify. Again, don't know anything about him or how he coaches, but 20 game winner at Silver Grove doesn't mean squat.

You do realize the CC head coaching job has just become one of the biggest head coaching jobs in the state, right? Parochial School salary or not. If Silver Grove is his only head coaching experience, then in no way does he qualify. Again, don't know anything about him or how he coaches, but 20 game winner at Silver Grove doesn't mean squat.

Randy, for a guy that has twice said "I don't know anything about him", you are sure going out of your way to take shots at him. For a guy that doesn't know anything about him, you clearly have your sights set on him. Tony is a good dude, is REALLY intense, will need good assistants around him (like Otte and Joe Frederick), but will be the head coach. If that hire doesn't pass muster for you, even though you "don't know anything about him", you'll just have to sit back and say "I told you so" every time they lose a game.

Randy, for a guy that has twice said "I don't know anything about him", you are sure going out of your way to take shots at him. For a guy that doesn't know anything about him, you clearly have your sights set on him. Tony is a good dude, is REALLY intense, will need good assistants around him (like Otte and Joe Frederick), but will be the head coach. If that hire doesn't pass muster for you, even though you "don't know anything about him", you'll just have to sit back and say "I told you so" every time they lose a game.

I truely don't know anything about him, and sorry if it came off as if I were taking shots. Not my intention. I'm sure he's a good dude. I was just trying to make the point that this is a huge job, and the qualifications laid out so far would not be good enough. Honestly, I'm not taking shots. If you knew nothing about him, other than he's currently an assistant and he coached at Silver Grove or Ludlow or Bellevue or any other small school that does not factor into Regional Title talks, you'd have to agree with me. I apologize to Tony B. (Whom I do not know) and all his supporters. If this job goes on the market, I would expect much interest from around the state. I mean they brought in a guy from New Jersey the last go around. See my point?

I truely don't know anything about him, and sorry if it came off as if I were taking shots. Not my intention. I'm sure he's a good dude. I was just trying to make the point that this is a huge job, and the qualifications laid out so far would not be good enough. Honestly, I'm not taking shots. If you knew nothing about him, other than he's currently an assistant and he coached at Silver Grove or Ludlow or Bellevue or any other small school that does not factor into Regional Title talks, you'd have to agree with me. I apologize to Tony B. (Whom I do not know) and all his supporters. If this job goes on the market, I would expect much interest from around the state. I mean they brought in a guy from New Jersey the last go around. See my point?

Guys,,,Is it really that big of job,,CCH is not a national power,,OK, they won the state tourney,,,but do they win it without the coaches son,,I don*t so.......