Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Dave Wirth want out of CovCath?

Featured Replies

The word is Coach Wirth has applied for both the Boone County and LaSalle (OH) jobs.

 

Can anyone confirm or deny either?

  • Replies 101
  • Views 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am not sure if he truly wants out of CCH I have heard those two schools mentioned in the last couple of weeks.

I do believe they want state championships in Park Hills and there is that program in Ft. Thomas standing in their way. Sometimes when you have a good thing, you don't realize it untill its gone (See Phillip Fulmer @ Tennessee).

That would be a huge boost for Boone if they landed him

Talking to some LaSalle Parents I know, Wirth is on their short list. Couldnt blame him if he left Cov Cath for LaSalle. Going to Boone would be interesting.

Talking to some LaSalle Parents I know, Wirth is on their short list. Couldn't blame him if he left Cov Cath for LaSalle. Going to Boone would be interesting.

 

LaSalle would definitely be a move up for him, as far as career is concerned. I would personally see Boone as more of a lateral move.

Would this move be more about money like JR claimed?

 

I don't see either schools being better coaching situations, though. Honestly, neither school has state championships in their near future. He's closer to landing a title at CCH. The only way this move makes sense to me is if it's a out more money. I won't knock a guy for that.

  • Author
Would this move be more about money like JR claimed?

 

I don't see either schools being better coaching situations, though. Honestly, neither school has state championships in their near future. He's closer to landing a title at CCH. The only way this move makes sense to me is if it's a out more money. I won't knock a guy for that.

 

Almost any school is going to be more money than CCH, right?

 

And as far as being closer to a state title at CCH, as long as Highlands is in their district I strongly disagree with you.

Almost any school is going to be more money than CCH, right?

 

And as far as being closer to a state title at CCH, as long as Highlands is in their district I strongly disagree with you.

 

I think CCH has a better chance at beating Highlands than Boone Co. Has at beating T or X. And isn't LaSalle the traditional whipping boy of the GCL South?

  • Author
I think CCH has a better chance at beating Highlands than Boone Co. Has at beating T or X. And isn't LaSalle the traditional whipping boy of the GCL South?

 

I don't want to get into a debate about LaSalle because they are on the wrong side of the river. On Boone, the KHSAA has done a lot to minimize the the T/X effect and it is possible that Boone may not have to see them until the finals if at all. Again, I said it is possible. With CCH, Highlands is in district which means they have to beat the Birds first and then go on to win out. Frankly, I don't like either teams chances.

Covcath at least has some history thay has shown they can play with Highlands....................Not recent, but the gap between Boone and T and St X is much greater than the gap between Highlands and CovCath

I think CCH has a better chance at beating Highlands than Boone Co. Has at beating T or X. And isn't LaSalle the traditional whipping boy of the GCL South?

 

I think La Salle is now in Division 2 . They no longer have to beat those teams to win a state title. Their biggest challenge will be from Winton Woods and Anderson. A very manageable task for La Salle.

  • Author
Covcath at least has some history thay has shown they can play with Highlands....................Not recent, but the gap between Boone and T and St X is much greater than the gap between Highlands and CovCath

 

Boone has history (ancient I know) that they can play with T and X.

I think La Salle is now in Division 2 . They no longer have to beat those teams to win a state title. Their biggest challenge will be from Winton Woods and Anderson. A very manageable task for La Salle.

 

Is this the first year for being Div. 2?

  • Author

If LaSalle is in D2 I think that makes it the job very interesting. They have a legit shot in D2.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.