Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is There A Parent/Coach Issue at Boone County?

Featured Replies

Before I post the following let me restate what I've said on here previously. I'm a fan of the Boone County staff. They get as much out of their talent as any staff top-to-bottom in the 9th. So...

 

Word is that a parent who may have some "influence" or contacts within the Boone school system is unhappy with an asst coach. She has made her problems known to many at the school and probably within the county system. I'm not sure what her particular issue is (PT, not liking the way the coach talks to the kids, wants him to shoot more, who knows) BUT she isn't happy.

 

Sounds like the principal is not willing to make a decision on this one and may let whatever the issue is go the the BOE. Weak IMO but... The other coaches and AD seem to be behind the coach.

 

I hate to hear it. Good staff. I've watched them and been around them. They do a strong job.

 

Unfortunate.

  • Replies 143
  • Views 29.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

And if anyone wants to know....no, the principal did not call me.

Had to read the thread title again. Thought I was on the St Henry girls basketball thread.

 

Really like Coach McQ. He has a young group of nice kids.

I like Coach McQueary as well. Good guy, good coach. But, the initial thread referred to an asst coach. One of those is a really good coach in my opinion. Sometimes coaches the kids hard, but always gets a lot out of his players.

JV coach?

 

I had been to three doubleheader games this year. I have a family relative that plays. I had noticed that it seemed like some parents (just a small fraction) were there to yell at the coach more so than cheer the team on. Maybe I noticed it more because there is a lack of a fan base at Boone. Other than parent there are not a whole lot of others that show up.

 

I also want to say that I think if the core of young players that are coming up in the system stick around then I can see Boone being a big factor in the 9th in the next year or two. They were starting to play well towards the end of the year.

To the parent complaining......Really??? This isn't rec-ball, BC has a very quality staff, leave the coaching to the coaches! It's more times than not, parents making a coach's job a royal pain in the butt.:ohbrother:

 

I know one of the Asst's on this staff very well, if I had a son I would love for this gentleman to coach him. But my 1st choice would be Jimmy Pangallo. :lol2:

  • Author
If the JV Coach is the issue, having seen them a few times, I'm not shocked.

 

Todd is not for everyone. Can coach though. You certainly know where you stand.

 

I've got no issue with him.

Todd is not for everyone. Can coach though. You certainly know where you stand.

 

I've got no issue with him.

 

Didn't say I agreed with the Mom, just saying not shocked. Have seen him ride refs in an empty gym in a fashion I'd only describe as WAY over-the-top.

Todd is not for everyone. Can coach though. You certainly know where you stand.

 

I've got no issue with him.

 

Spot on.

I had someone privately send me the following:

 

It isn't the Boone County Principal taking it to the Board. It is the player's parent, Pam Thamann, who is the Principal at Thornewilde Elementary. She is the one who is still trying to go after Todd.

Looks like the parent conflict with coaches is running wild. That disease must be contagious!

This is sad. Todd is a great coach and an important piece to Boone County success over the recent years as a jv coach and his development of players on his aau teams. Coaches need to be allowed to coach.

I hope Boone fires him and my kid's school hires him.

 

Todd is not for everyone. Can coach though. You certainly know where you stand.

 

I've got no issue with him.

 

Agree, with post. At the end of the day he can coach and I never had a problem with him.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.