Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is There A Parent/Coach Issue at Boone County?

Featured Replies

Does it seem odd that the BCHS team is made up of this coaches AAU team. Is this fair to kids not associated with the AAU team? I don't think its a level playing field and not fair to the kids. There should be no inside connections or favorites played when selecting your team. There's a lot of talent walking around BCHS that are not active due to these practices. I guess BCHS is OK with trying to win the 9th' date=' but will never compete at the state level if this continues. I'm Just Saying.[/quote']

 

Can you back that statement up with facts? Boone County probably had about 20 players on their combined varsity/JV roster this year. How many of this year's roster played on the AAU team you are talking about? I don't think there is more than one or two on the entire roster, but please correct me if I am wrong. If I am right, I ask you - is it fair to come onto this site and make a generalized statement that is so far off base? In this situation everyone needs to be specific in their facts and the truth.

  • Replies 143
  • Views 29.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to list the player's names, but if you go back and check the AAU rosters, I'm sure you will find more than one or two player's names on the list. If they are the better players, fine, but in some cases I don't think they are.

Believe me its happening. And its not just basketball, but we'll see if some of the recent changes has an impact. Maybe your beloved basketball crew is the next to go.

I'm not going to list the player's names' date=' but if you go back and check the AAU rosters, I'm sure you will find more than one or two player's names on the list.[/quote']

 

This is simply false.

I'm not going to list the player's names' date=' but if you go back and check the AAU rosters, I'm sure you will find more than one or two player's names on the list. If they are the better players, fine, but in some cases I don't think they are.[/quote']

 

At this point you need to list the names.

I'm not going to list the player's names' date=' but if you go back and check the AAU rosters, I'm sure you will find more than one or two player's names on the list. If they are the better players, fine, but in some cases I don't think they are.[/quote']

 

Since you are having trouble supporting your own statement above, I will help you out the best I can. The only player on this year's entire Boone County roster that I know for sure played in that AAU program is Brendan Stanley, and he wasn't even on Downs' team. He played on a team coached by someone else. If you know any other players, please share. If not, then you need to correct your original post and/or admit you were wrong.

Believe me its happening. And its not just basketball' date=' but we'll see if some of the recent changes has an impact. Maybe your beloved basketball crew is the next to go.[/quote']

 

If the "basketball crew" goes, I hope the Boone County School Board has consulted with their attorney. They will be putting themselves in a position that will be difficult to defend. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence that supports the coaches in this situation.

Does it seem odd that the BCHS team is made up of this coaches AAU team. Is this fair to kids not associated with the AAU team? I don't think its a level playing field and not fair to the kids. There should be no inside connections or favorites played when selecting your team. There's a lot of talent walking around BCHS that are not active due to these practices. I guess BCHS is OK with trying to win the 9th' date=' but will never compete at the state level if this continues. I'm Just Saying.[/quote']

 

This is laughable and completely biased and has no factual basis.

I would really like to hear the argument that Ms. "Jackball" has.

This is laughable and completely biased and has no factual basis.

 

That is a good description of this whole situation. Yet the Boone County School Board held a hearing on it. Hopefully it is all a formality. If not, I suggest Ryle, Highlands and other schools not fill their jobs just yet. Coach McQueary would be at the top of the most wanted coaches list if he becomes available.

That is a good description of this whole situation. Yet the Boone County School Board held a hearing on it. Hopefully it is all a formality. If not, I suggest Ryle, Highlands and other schools not fill their jobs just yet. Coach McQueary would be at the top of the most wanted coaches list if he becomes available.

 

Are you suggesting that if the BOE rules against the JV coach that the varsity coach will leave Boone County?

I'm not going to list the player's names' date=' but if you go back and check the AAU rosters, I'm sure you will find more than one or two player's names on the list. If they are the better players, fine, but in some cases I don't think they are.[/quote']

 

I am just wondering if you are the crazy mom in question or the son that can't make the team? By the way, welcome to the site.

Edited by theguru

Who I am doesn't matter.

 

If you look at this team from freshman to senior and look at where they played AAU, you will see that there is more than only one kid. There are several at each level. Also, whether or not the coach in question coached or not, he's still linked to the AAU program. I was just making a point. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, but I believe I'm right.

Edited by Randy Parker

Are you suggesting that if the BOE rules against the JV coach that the varsity coach will leave Boone County?

 

I believe the entire coaching staff was named in the grievance. That means anything can happen.

If you look at this team from freshman to senior and look at where they played AAU' date=' you will see that there is more than only one kid. There are several at each level. Also, whether or not the coach in question coached or not, he's still linked to the AAU program. I was just making a point. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, but I believe I'm right.[/quote']

 

I am going to ask you one last time to list the players you are speaking of. I will even help out, from the Boone County website here is the complete roster:

 

Varsity/JV

Akram Abdulle

Aaron Floyd

Haven Borkowski

Stephen Nash

Brett Mayberry

Michael Warning

Dillon Brelsford

Brenden Stanley

Hunter Hixenbaugh

Trevor Thompson

Matt Melzer

Junior Stockwell

Tre Seeger

Trev Patton

Barry Ordu

Brannen McDonald

 

Frosh

Micah Bagara

Dylon Bishop

Daniel Dahms

Brandon Datro

Amadou Diaw

Blake Donovan

Beau Downs

Shannon Hephner

Michael Lay

Julius Parks

Jeffrey Purnell

Nathan Schild

Malcolm Stockwell

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.