Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is There A Parent/Coach Issue at Boone County?

Featured Replies

That's ridiculous. The CIA and FBI don't have that kind of manpower. Maybe the administration could spend more time on improving the ACT scores...

 

As a former investigator that is standard operating procedure.

 

I think we all have to consider the seriousness here, all the coaches are "on trial." Coach McQueary could lose his career over this and with that in mind the school system needs to collect all the evidence/facts.

  • Replies 143
  • Views 29.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This says all I need to read right here, Pam Thamann, Let me tell you what kinda (insert the adjective you wish to use here) clown she is. Actually I won't, because I probably can not do it with in the rules of BGP. (pm me if you really want to know, I will be glad to tell you there.)

 

I feel sorry for any of you that have kids that go to Thornewilde, and she alone is a reason for BCS to have open enrollment.

 

Doesn't surprise me one bit that she is trying to get ride of someone (let alone from another school) speaks true colors of her character.

 

Don't have a dog in this fight and really have no idea as to what the parent/coach issues might be.

 

There has been some shots taken at the parent and my only comment towards that would be that I have had business dealings with Pam Thamann in her position as an administrator and found her to be extremely professional. From a business perspective my life would be much easier if all of my clients were like her.

 

I realize that my perspective probably has very little to do with the situation being discussed but to paint her with a broad brush as a wack job parent does not seem fair.

 

After reading plantmanky's PM, her actions in this situation (the PM) was far from professional.

As a former investigator that is standard operating procedure.

 

I think we all have to consider the seriousness here, all the coaches are "on trial." Coach McQueary could lose his career over this and with that in mind the school system needs to collect all the evidence/facts.

 

I think you are pushing this way further than it need to be for whatever reason. Have you ever seen the varsity girls practice or watched one of their games? Now we are talking about the best coach ever in 9th region girls basketball history and I could find several players that would have made these similar sort of nonsensical accusations. Very slippery slope to start individually meeting with every player and parent on the teams.

 

Maybe the coaches should just keep the 8 players they plan on playing and leave the rest of the bench at home. That would save them from having to put up with this type of noise.

 

Furthermore, if somebody from the school where the main parent involved is the Principal, complains about her or how they were treated, what is their course of action, and then should every child and all parents at that entire school be investigated too? Part of the"standard operating procedure".

 

I won't comment on this any further because I believe you are stirring the pot on this issue WAAAY more than it need be.

  • Author

I won't comment on this any further because I believe you are stirring the pot on this issue WAAAY more than it need be.

 

I don't see it as stirring the pot.

 

You'll appreciate this, History: He's giving "fair and balanced" news.

 

The parent has taken a beating in this thread. I read his posts regarding allegations against Todd as simply saying "there are two sides."

Thanks Clyde, you are exactly right, I am trying to be fair and balanced.

 

To History, I can only imagine on the girls side, if they want to take action against the boys staff they would have a field day on the girls side of things assuming the slippery slope is the standard.

 

What I am trying to get across is this History, the school system decided they needed to have a hearing where they will be making a judgment about the Boys coaching staff. Since the school system is taking that approach the "investigation" can't just consist of the complaints by two parents and the coaches defending themselves. The school system needs to come down from the white, ivory tower and do some legwork. They could at least take the lazy man's approach and interview the other kids on the team or the super lazy man's approach and interview the other non-starting JV players.

 

If you want to get "it" right you have to make a case. And making a case is work. That case may support either side (angry parents or coaching staff) but you don't know until you actually go out and do the work. Again, just using what the two angry parents have to say and what the coaches have to say in defense is plain lazy and unacceptable when so much other evidence is available.

Thanks Clyde, you are exactly right, I am trying to be fair and balanced.

 

To History, I can only imagine on the girls side, if they want to take action against the boys staff they would have a field day on the girls side of things assuming the slippery slope is the standard.

 

What I am trying to get across is this History, the school system decided they needed to have a hearing where they will be making a judgment about the Boys coaching staff. Since the school system is taking that approach the "investigation" can't just consist of the complaints by two parents and the coaches defending themselves. The school system needs to come down from the white, ivory tower and do some legwork. They could at least take the lazy man's approach and interview the other kids on the team or the super lazy man's approach and interview the other non-starting JV players.

 

If you want to get "it" right you have to make a case. And making a case is work. That case may support either side (angry parents or coaching staff) but you don't know until you actually go out and do the work. Again, just using what the two angry parents have to say and what the coaches have to say in defense is plain lazy and unacceptable when so much other evidence is available.

 

But Guru thats not how school districts do it. They want the quick turn, get it over with quickly, they dont care if they get "IT" right or not, they just want it gone.

It sure is taking the powers that be a long time to render a decision on the fate of the Boone coaching staff. It tells me either there is some new information they are considering and/or there is disagreement in the white, ivory tower on what actions should be taken.

 

Or I wonder if the rest of the coaching staff told the school system if they fire Coach Downs they will all quit and then Boone will have to replace their entire basketball staff top to bottom?

 

Anyone?

I think there will be a decision this week. Boone County was on spring break last week.

I think there will be a decision this week. Boone County was on spring break last week.

 

Still has to be more going on. If anything the break last week gave everyone a chance to get their ducks in a row.

 

:popcorn:

Anyway you look at it it's a sad situation.

Any updates?

Any updates?

 

I was told we may hear something this week but at the same time this has taken longer than most of us thought.

  • Author
I was told we may hear something this week but at the same time this has taken longer than most of us thought.

 

To be clear, is the thinking that the entire staff can be in trouble or just one coach?

To be clear, is the thinking that the entire staff can be in trouble or just one coach?

 

Speculating here... I suppose anything is possible (the Board is judge, jury, etc.) but my gut feeling is if any action is taken it will be in piecemeal. In other words, if the Board generally sides with Thamann's complaint I think the Board will cut Downs out. Additionally, I think it would be the path of least resistance because Downs is not a teacher. Again, all just speculation on my part.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.