Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Middle School Basketball league

Featured Replies

Thought I would start this thread since the first preseason games were completed this past weekend at Tichenor and Lloyd. I heard a lot of rumors over the summer of 8th graders playing up for their HS freshman teams anyone know which kids that are actually doing this? It seems to me that most of the rumors were just that as I think most stayed with their 8th grade teams. I did see Ockerman the defending 7th grade champs play the Vonhandorfless Blessed Sacrament Eagles and the McNeil boy was playing for Ockerman. I also heard that Jake Ohmer was the one 8th grader that will be playing up.

  • Replies 481
  • Views 108.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Summit View's 8th graders play Sunday in the Licking River Classic in Falmouth. The potential is there for a really good varsity squad. The Cottrell kid is pretty gifted already, as is most of that starting 5. If I'm the Head Coach of SK, I'm begging all those parents to send their kids my way.

Anyone have info on the 6th grade teams across the area?

 

I know Highlands will have a very good group this year. They have several kids with AAU experience in this group. Austin King, Brandon Finn, Will Salmon, Grady Cramer (Gametime AAU), Ben Sisson (Nky Wildcats), Ryan Leigh (Omega Wildcats). There is a core of these boys who all played at the same grade school together since 2nd grade, should be fun to watch them compete with other NKY schools.

In the 8th grade, Grey is probably the team to beat with Brett Angel, Cheesman and the other big kid that plays with the Legends Elite. Ockerman will be solid again adding Sean Mcneil to mix. Connor has a bunch of athletes to go along with Spencer Hemmerick. Twenhofel can't be overlooked now that Cameron Racke is off the SK bench and back in middle school ball. Cameron is easy the best player now in NKMSAA. Summit View will be alright with JC Hawkins and Timmy Cottrell.

 

7th grade, I look for Connor to take a step back this year. I believe they only lost 2 games last year. Their guards haven't grown at all. I look for Camp Ernest and Ockerman to make some noise in the Boone County area. Adding the Lay kid to Camp Ernest will help them a ton. Woodland will go as far as the Nelson and LJ take them. They have a ton of experience and are use to carrying at team.

 

Let the fun begin!!

  • Author

As far as the 8th grade goes Summit View and Grey were the favorites last year as 7th graders and neither made it out of their districts. This class is pretty deep as far as quality basketball players are concerned so really nothing will surprise me. Last year's final four were Champ Ockerman, Runner Up Conner, Twenhofel and Woodland. Rumor is Ohmer will not be participating in middle school basketball so that is a huge blow since he was a large part of their offense. Twenhofel made it to the final four last year without Racke, on the shooting of their guards so they will always have a shooter's chance and if they get Racke back they will be a really tough out. Conner has a very long athletic group with some good shooting to go with it. The addition of McNeil to Ockerman as long as it doesn't upset chemistry will make them better. Gray and Summitview both have the talent and size to go all the way. Grey needs to keep everybody eligible and on the same page and Summitview needs to avoid another upset.

The most wonderful time of the year. NKMSL starts tomorrow.

Who is ready for some basketball?

Highlands vs St. Pius in Tripleheader Thursday @ HMS.

In the 8th grade, Grey is probably the team to beat with Brett Angel, Cheesman and the other big kid that plays with the Legends Elite. Ockerman will be solid again adding Sean Mcneil to mix. Connor has a bunch of athletes to go along with Spencer Hemmerick. Twenhofel can't be overlooked now that Cameron Racke is off the SK bench and back in middle school ball. Cameron is easy the best player now in NKMSAA. Summit View will be alright with JC Hawkins and Timmy Cottrell.

 

7th grade, I look for Connor to take a step back this year. I believe they only lost 2 games last year. Their guards haven't grown at all. I look for Camp Ernest and Ockerman to make some noise in the Boone County area. Adding the Lay kid to Camp Ernest will help them a ton. Woodland will go as far as the Nelson and LJ take them. They have a ton of experience and are use to carrying at team.

 

Let the fun begin!!

 

Fire Inside, great updates. I don't know much about the individual players and teams so I appreciate it.

 

Do me a favor though as you continue to provide great insight. It's ConnEr.

11/13 Games:

 

Summit View at Grant Co

Woodland at Gray

Beechwood at Ockerman

Turkey Foot at R.A. Jones

Twenhofel at Camp Ernst

Newport at Conner

IHM at Campbell Co

Sharp at St. Pius

Holmes at Tichenor

At the 8th grade level last night, Ockerman defeated Turkeyfoot by 5 or so and Summit View defeated Walton by 20.

In 8th grade tonight, Conner beat Newport 53 to 21 and Summit View beat Grant County 60 to 32. In 6th grade I heard Twenhofel beat Camp Ernst by 4 in overtime. That's all I got.

 

Do me a favor though as you continue to provide great insight. It's ConnEr.

 

Your crusade knows no bounds!

Edit

11/15 games:

 

Grant Co at Woodland

Gray at Beechwood

Ockerman at Turkey Foot

R.A. Jones at Twenhofel

Summit View at Camp Ernst

Tichenor at Newport

Conner at Campbell Co

IHM at Sharp

St. Pius at Highlands

Fire Inside Turkeyfoot does not play a game 11/15. Their next game is 11/17 at Holmes.

 

They played RA Jones last night and won 68 - 31.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.