Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rhino859

Inactive Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Rhino859

  1. He was a very good WR I might add. I won't be in attendance for this game, but I'm interested in seeing the updates. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  2. That is correct, i played with him at G Town. David Penland played WR. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  3. Cam caught a TD tonight in team scrimmage at "Fan Day". About 10,000 people came to Commonwealth Stadium to watch open practice. Nice event put on by the team. Autograph sessions before practice, and fireworks afterwards. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  4. Fogle will not let anyone "push him to the back of the line".. Not a chance.
  5. I'll say this.. Just because someone is "ranked" with a bunch of gold stars from the various media blowhards means jack squat when it comes time to strap up and play ball
  6. Well stated buddy. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  7. http://johnclay.bloginky.com/2013/08/07/video-tommy-mainord-on-opportunity-and-lots-of-it/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter I have heard his name twice in the past two days on KSR.. I have read a couple articles that he's mentioned in since camp started this week. Coaches are taking notice. Ive said it all along, but ill say it again, I will not be surprised one bit to see #83 making plays on the field for the Cats this season. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  8. Do they?? I didn't know that.. Thanks for the insight.
  9. Impressive tape.. Gongrats to the young fella.
  10. I've seen more in attendance at CHS in the past. Last years Conner Vs Cooper game was packed, but I don't know if any attendance records were broken. I'm not sure they are even kept..
  11. With him being only 16 years old now, i'd say he's got some growing to do, which in turn means, he'll be able to get that speed down. For him to play a LB type position, he'll need to get that speed down in the 4.5 to 4.6 range. He'll prob stay put at D-End, possibly a stand up D-End. He's got a great foundation to work with a 6'3'' frame
  12. Good looking film. He looks to have the size to play SEC D Line. What about his speed? Will he stay at D-End, or move to interior line? Either way, Good luck, and congrats to the young man
  13. He was the TE. And yes he graduated. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  14. So, let me get this straight... You don't want to discuss how the loss of key players from last year is going to effect this years team? Don't want to discuss some players that are going to fill those voids? Things that can be done, or need to be done to improve from last season? Very confusing my friend. Again, if I'm not mistaken, that is the point of this thread. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  15. Explain how the players lost from last season, and discussing those who are to replace them THIS season has "zero bearing" on the 2013 team? That is the point of this thread buddy. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  16. Agree I disagree. We'll see how the season goes. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  17. How many games las year did the Barker/Fogle combo score the vast majority of the points? Pretty much all of them. Hell, in the South Oldham game Fogle scored 6 TDs and Barker had the rest. Granted they gave up a ridiculous amount of points, and lost. But when 1 player has 6 of your touchdowns and another has the rest, that's telling me not many others stepped up that night. I love how words always get twisted around on this site. I never said Conner was screwed because Fogle graduated. All I said is that the others are going to have to step up in a big way. There are some returning skill players in Way, Loney, who is coming back from season ending knee surgery last year, and Jessie Mckeehan will return however he is very injury prone. They lost their TE, the majority of their line, a top 3 skill player in the state. Plain and simple Drew Barker is going to need help, and its yet to be determined if he's going To get it. That's all I was saying. May I ask why I shouldn't reference the Scott game from last year. The team Conner fielded that night is just about what they will have this year. Give or take a few players. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  18. I'm not saying they are doomed.. All I'm saying is they need a lot of players, young guys, to step up in a big way this season.
  19. That is fine, you can disagree with me all you want but the fact of the matter is, in the Scott game last year there were multiple starting linemen out, those who were out, are not returning due to graduation. The line is young and unproven. The teams that I predicted CHS to loose to don't have to be powerhouse teams in order to win. Scott wasn't a powerhouse last year, and nearly beat them. I am fully aware of what the players returning for CHS are capable of doing, I've seen many games in which they have played. Like I said earlier, there are going to have to be MANY guys step up big time for the Cougars this year. As good as Barker is, he can't do it all by himself, and he can't play defense. He's got to have guys to block for him, and teams are going to key on him big time, so others in the skill positions are going to have to step up in a big way. Just look at past seasons, there were times when I saw Fogle in motion, and two guys would follow him; in the Dixie game, three guys followed him. This opened the offense up huge for Barker, as well as allowed the other guys to get open. In previous years, it was either bracket Barker and Fogle would burn you, or vice a versa. This year, teams are going to key almost solely on Barker. He is going to need help. I also don't foresee Conner putting up the huge point numbers they have in the past. I will say again; I want nothing but the best for CHS this season, but it's honestly too early to tell
  20. As far as predictions for the season? The Cougars will have a tough row to how. They are replacing many key players and The majority of the O-Line. Many of the O-Line lost also were regulars on the D-Line. My reasoning for saying they will have a tough time this year is this: We saw a glimpse of this years squad in The game last season against Scott. Fogle was out, three starting linemen were out as well. Barker was basically left to win the game on his own. He had little help. And there are more guys not returning this year than just the few listed above. That is not a knock on Scott, but in no way should that game had been as close as it was. Conner has some talent coming up, however it is yet to be seen how they will perform at the varsity level. The linemen they have coming up are not the quality of those lost, that will come with time I hope. They don't have a skill player in the same universe as C Fogle, Barker's go to guy, more than one player in the skill positions will have to step up big to fill his shoes. I want nothing but the best this year for CHS, however I realistically see 4, maybe 5 wins. With potential to go 4-6 on the year. W's- Grant Co, Campbell Co, Holy Cross, Scott L's- Ryle, Cooper, S. Oldham, CCHS ?'s- Boone, SK (Boone has a new coaching staff and supposedly a new offense, and I haven't seen much of SK so I can't accurately say much about them.) Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  21. Well, it's part of the Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown. There are several places across the tri-state that are host sites for this event. I don't think Conner or Boone is one of them. Playing in these types of "bowls" is a good fundraiser for both schools, and lets the players get a taste of playing in front of, at times, a larger than normal crowd. Mostly because there are multiple games that day and fans from all teams are there. TMC may not have the same feel as Nippert. But it's different than the usual home fields the players are used to. Something exciting for the boys. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  22. Brad Folke Cole Chadwick Blake Bir
  23. Anyone have updates of this game? Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.