Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner 2013

Featured Replies

What does Conner need to do to improve in 2013? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Cougars have the chance to be really good this season. They return some really good players on both sides of the ball and have been working extremely hard in the off season. Their offense should be able to put up big numbers once again which will ultimately place the hones of how far this team goes on the defense. Having said that, I feel the defense will be much improved over last season with the strong point being their tough line backing core and the return of nearly the entire secondary. I also believe some new comers will make big contributions to this team and that's very exciting. Conner's schedule will once again provide a stern test and by seasons end this Conner team should be ready for a deep playoff run. The Cougars open up with a "new" Boone County team on a Saturday afternoon at Thomas More College as part of the Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown. Either way, this game will be a tough one imo. Should Boone take care of CCH in their opener, their confidence will be sky high heading into the matchup with Conner. Conversely, should the Rebels stumble in Week 0, they will be coming off a tough week of practice to give Conner a tough one. I think this opener for the Cougars will be key to getting them off to the start they are looking for. They also have tough District match-ups with Cooper and S. Oldham on the road and finish up at CCH on a Saturday afternoon.

 

Here is the 2013 Conner Cougars Schedule:

 

8/31 Boone County (Thomas More College)

9/6 Simon Kenton

9/13 @ Ryle

9/20 Campbell County (HC)

9/27 @ S. Oldham*

10/4 @ Cooper*

10/11 @ Holy Cross (Scott HS)

10/18 Grant Co.*

10/25 Scott*

11/2 @ CCH

 

Note that (5) of Conner's games are on turf.

Can I be the first to say that I do not understand why Conner/Boone would play at Thomas More? Where is the benefit in this?

Can I be the first to say that I do not understand why Conner/Boone would play at Thomas More? Where is the benefit in this?

 

Well, it's part of the Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown. There are several places across the tri-state that are host sites for this event. I don't think Conner or Boone is one of them.

 

Playing in these types of "bowls" is a good fundraiser for both schools, and lets the players get a taste of playing in front of, at times, a larger than normal crowd. Mostly because there are multiple games that day and fans from all teams are there. TMC may not have the same feel as Nippert. But it's different than the usual home fields the players are used to. Something exciting for the boys.

 

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

As far as predictions for the season? The Cougars will have a tough row to how. They are replacing many key players and The majority of the O-Line. Many of the O-Line lost also were regulars on the D-Line.

 

My reasoning for saying they will have a tough time this year is this: We saw a glimpse of this years squad in The game last season against Scott. Fogle was out, three starting linemen were out as well. Barker was basically left to win the game on his own. He had little help. And there are more guys not returning this year than just the few listed above. That is not a knock on Scott, but in no way should that game had been as close as it was.

 

Conner has some talent coming up, however it is yet to be seen how they will perform at the varsity level. The linemen they have coming up are not the quality of those lost, that will come with time I hope. They don't have a skill player in the same universe as C Fogle, Barker's go to guy, more than one player in the skill positions will have to step up big to fill his shoes.

 

I want nothing but the best this year for CHS, however I realistically see 4, maybe 5 wins. With potential to go 4-6 on the year.

 

W's- Grant Co, Campbell Co, Holy Cross, Scott

 

L's- Ryle, Cooper, S. Oldham, CCHS

 

?'s- Boone, SK

(Boone has a new coaching staff and supposedly a new offense, and I haven't seen much of SK so I can't accurately say much about them.)

 

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Cooper lost more than anybody as most starters went both ways. I know they have some skill guys coming back but that D-Line was nasty and they have no one close to Tyler Morris at QB from what I have heard. I would like to see this game being close and exciting though.

Can I be the first to say that I do not understand why Conner/Boone would play at Thomas More? Where is the benefit in this?

 

You're actually not the first but you are correct in questioning it.

As far as predictions for the season? The Cougars will have a tough row to how. They are replacing many key players and The majority of the O-Line. Many of the O-Line lost also were regulars on the D-Line.

 

My reasoning for saying they will have a tough time this year is this: We saw a glimpse of this years squad in The game last season against Scott. Fogle was out, three starting linemen were out as well. Barker was basically left to win the game on his own. He had little help. And there are more guys not returning this year than just the few listed above. That is not a knock on Scott, but in no way should that game had been as close as it was.

 

Conner has some talent coming up, however it is yet to be seen how they will perform at the varsity level. The linemen they have coming up are not the quality of those lost, that will come with time I hope. They don't have a skill player in the same universe as C Fogle, Barker's go to guy, more than one player in the skill positions will have to step up big to fill his shoes.

 

I want nothing but the best this year for CHS, however I realistically see 4, maybe 5 wins. With potential to go 4-6 on the year.

 

W's- Grant Co, Campbell Co, Holy Cross, Scott

 

L's- Ryle, Cooper, S. Oldham, CCHS

 

?'s- Boone, SK

(Boone has a new coaching staff and supposedly a new offense, and I haven't seen much of SK so I can't accurately say much about them.)

 

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

 

Exactly how many games did Conner's starting line play last year? I strongly disagree with your prediction and I think you are really underestimating what the returning players for Conner are capable of doing. None of the teams you have Conner losing to will be powerhouse teams.

Exactly how many games did Conner's starting line play last year? I strongly disagree with your prediction and I think you are really underestimating what the returning players for Conner are capable of doing. None of the teams you have Conner losing to will be powerhouse teams.

 

That is fine, you can disagree with me all you want but the fact of the matter is, in the Scott game last year there were multiple starting linemen out, those who were out, are not returning due to graduation. The line is young and unproven.

 

The teams that I predicted CHS to loose to don't have to be powerhouse teams in order to win. Scott wasn't a powerhouse last year, and nearly beat them. I am fully aware of what the players returning for CHS are capable of doing, I've seen many games in which they have played.

 

Like I said earlier, there are going to have to be MANY guys step up big time for the Cougars this year. As good as Barker is, he can't do it all by himself, and he can't play defense. He's got to have guys to block for him, and teams are going to key on him big time, so others in the skill positions are going to have to step up in a big way.

 

Just look at past seasons, there were times when I saw Fogle in motion, and two guys would follow him; in the Dixie game, three guys followed him. This opened the offense up huge for Barker, as well as allowed the other guys to get open. In previous years, it was either bracket Barker and Fogle would burn you, or vice a versa. This year, teams are going to key almost solely on Barker. He is going to need help. I also don't foresee Conner putting up the huge point numbers they have in the past.

 

I will say again; I want nothing but the best for CHS this season, but it's honestly too early to tell

Fogle loss is huge but every other skill player returns so that should help.

Fogle loss is huge but every other skill player returns so that should help.

 

I'm not saying they are doomed.. All I'm saying is they need a lot of players, young guys, to step up in a big way this season.

It should be interesting to see how both Conner and Cooper fair with the players they lost.

 

Cooper lost Tyler Morris at QB who was the best scrambling QB in the district hands down, but Conner lost Fogle who was an absolute beast.

Those two players were a huge part of their respected teams. I think it will come down to what new players can step up for these 2 teams that will determine how far back they slide if at all this year.

You're actually not the first but you are correct in questioning it.

 

Well, it's part of the Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown. There are several places across the tri-state that are host sites for this event. I don't think Conner or Boone is one of them.

 

Playing in these types of "bowls" is a good fundraiser for both schools, and lets the players get a taste of playing in front of, at times, a larger than normal crowd. Mostly because there are multiple games that day and fans from all teams are there. TMC may not have the same feel as Nippert. But it's different than the usual home fields the players are used to. Something exciting for the boys.

 

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

 

This is what confuses me the most, and it seems like Clyde can back me up, Conner/Boone is the only game that day at Thomas More. Combine that with the fact that Thomas More is barely bigger than Conner/Boone. The rivalry feel and home-field advantage is lost. And the schools will lose student attendance since the game is not in the same county as both of these schools.

This is what confuses me the most, and it seems like Clyde can back me up, Conner/Boone is the only game that day at Thomas More. Combine that with the fact that Thomas More is barely bigger than Conner/Boone. The rivalry feel and home-field advantage is lost. And the schools will lose student attendance since the game is not in the same county as both of these schools.

 

Agreed. Great complex at TMC but less seating. Plus , if the game is not on a Friday night the crowd will be smaller. I can understand if they play at Nippert. That's a cool feel to it. However, TMC makes no sense to me.

I'm not saying they are doomed.. All I'm saying is they need a lot of players, young guys, to step up in a big way this season.

 

3 of 4 wide receivers return along with the best QB in the state. Every highschool in America has players they have to replace. Conner runs a spread offense which takes the pressure off of the line anyways with read options and 3 step drops. Conner (under Trosper) has never been a 3 yards and dust team with an overpowering offensive line and they always do well offensively. I would not read too much into the Scott game if I were you. Fogle is obviously a huge loss but Conner was fine offensively before him and will be fine after. If I had a concern with this team it would be on the other side of the ball....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.