Ryle vs. Harrison County (First Round State) Predictions

Great first game matchup. 32-7 9th Region champion and #10-ranked Ryle vs. 24-7 10th Region champion and #15 ranked Harrison County. Both teams with excellent head coaches and coming off very strong performances in their respective regional tourneys. Ryle is 7-3 in their last 10 games and have allowed only 5 runs in their last 4 games, while Harrison County is 8-2 in their last 10 games and have allowed only 2 runs in the past 5 games. They have played 7 common opponents, with Ryle sporting an 10-0 record (played Scott 3x, Campbell County 1x) and Harrison County owning a 6-4 record (played Scott 2x, Campbell County 2x). Here is a breakdown of these opponents and scores. And, yes, I know that such a comparison doesn't mean as much in baseball as it would in a sport like football due to pitching matchups, but it's still fun to look at:

Walton Verona: Ryle 9-3 W; HC 10-0 W

Conner: Ryle 8-5 W and 5-3 W; HC 12-5 W and 18-3 L

Scott: Ryle 6-3 W; 8-2 W; and 10-0 W; HC 4-1 W and 8-1 W

Anderson Cty: Ryle 13-3 W; HC 5-2 W

Campbell Cty: Ryle 6-1 W; JC 2-0 L and 1-0 W

Scott County: Ryle 6-5 W; HC 6-3 L

Simon Kenton: Ryle 5-3 W; HC 3-0 L

Game is Tuesday night at 6:00 p.m. at Whitaker Bank Field in Lexington. I look for a great matchup. Have never seen Jordan Martin for Harrison County, but understand he is a terrific pitcher and will no doubt keep HC in any game in throws. I think it will be interesting to see who Coach Roesel starts for Ryle. Not an easy decision and, as of last I talked with him, he still wasn't sure himself. Do you go with 10-game winner senior Hoard or junior Ethan Brennan, who is coming off a stellar shutout performance in the district championship. Guess that's why head coaches get paid the big money. Personally, I will go with Ryle. Besides being a homer pick :thumb:, they are playing excellent baseball in all three phases of the game - pitching, defense, and (especially) hitting - and there seems to be a special chemistry about this team. I look for a close game, but think Ryle wins 4-2 or thereabouts.

Who you got?

Have to agree with you coop and I too am going with Ryle.

HC only scored 1 run vs. Campbell in two games and Ryle be it by a walk, a stolen base, a sac bunt and SF will score runs. Heck in the Regional final Ryle scored three runs off of SF balls and one of those runs was without even getting a hit one of those innings.

I will see you there my friend as I will be sitting behind home plate with my book on my lap!

Go Ryle, bring the hardware back to the Ninth!

Great post Coop! This should be a fantastic game Harrison County has two really Good pitchers in Brandon Kendall and of course Jordan Martin. With Justin Hoard, Ethan Brennan, and Josh Bellew I look forward to seeing who starts for the raiders as well. Lets see if the hitting for Harrison County can compete with the pitching of Ryle, and the hitting for Ryle can compete with the stellar pitching of HC. Should be a very fun game to watch.