Elder (OH) 38 Highlands 24

Birdsfan

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it would be a 21-pt victory but I had no idea HHS would move the ball as well as they did. I was impressed all around with HHS play. They battled their rear ends off.

Big boy for Elder finished with 5 TDs and 258 yards.

Not sure why Elder passed as much as they did.

It sounds like Highlands hung in there but Elder was just too much for four quarters. Congrats to Elder on the win.

Question: I have heard and read that Highlands' run defense has been a bit suspect this year. Can anything be done this late to correct it? What other 4A teams have really good running games that could be trouble for HHS in the playoffs?

Go 'Birds!

It sounds like Highlands hung in there but Elder was just too much for four quarters. Congrats to Elder on the win.

Question: I have heard and read that Highlands' run defense has been suspect this year. Can anything be done this late to correct it? What other 4A teams have really good running games that could be trouble for HHS in the playoffs?

The good news is they will not see a line and a back like they saw tonight.

I think they'll be OK.

So it was a good game from start to finish?

It was 10-10 at half. Highlands had a td dropped that would of tied the game up late in the 3rd quarter. Next play HHS tries a screen and the de picks it off for Elder. They score a few plays later that puts them up 14..Instead of a tie you are down 14.. That was a huge momentum change to say the least.. HHS was just too small on the defensive side of the ball to stop Elder's power running game..

Question: I have heard and read that Highlands' run defense has been suspect this year. Can anything be done this late to correct it? What other 4A teams have really good running games that could be trouble for HHS in the playoffs?

None that can challenge them.