George Rogers Clark's new arena

My best guess is because it's a high school court and I don't believe any colleges will be using it.

Maybe it's just a local thing, but it's a bit in vogue around here to have college length courts at some of the new gyms due to our region tournament being played at that length, in addition to the Sweet 16. We view it as an advantage for those reasons as well as a conditioning advantage against other teams not used to running as much. I guess that slants my view - I just assume teams will make their court that length when building an entirely new gym.

Looks nice. Three questions how many does it hold. Also I’m surprised being a new gym it doesn’t have any chair back seats. Will it go into the rotation for hosting the 10th region tournament?

I'm pretty sure it's in the rotation. It looks at first glance to be somewhat similar to the gym that Montgomery County built not long ago.

Looking forward, believe it or not, to a road trip with Parker to check it out.

I'm pretty sure it's in the rotation. It looks at first glance to be somewhat similar to the gym that Montgomery County built not long ago.

Looking forward, believe it or not, to a road trip with Parker to check it out.

You need to keep better company papi. If can'tcoach comes along, don't let the brat tie him to the roof rack.

Not being a smart butt, but what makes it state of the art? What does it have? Video board?

It has 6 scoreboards not a bad seat anywhere. A elevator to upper level. You can enter on both upper or lower levels. Concession stands on both levels with tables to stand and eat while watching the game. I really like this feature. Student section at ends of court. Just pointing out a few things.

When you see it in a few weeks you will understand. I had the honor of getting a special tour last week.

Maybe it's just a local thing, but it's a bit in vogue around here to have college length courts at some of the new gyms due to our region tournament being played at that length, in addition to the Sweet 16. We view it as an advantage for those reasons as well as a conditioning advantage against other teams not used to running as much. I guess that slants my view - I just assume teams will make their court that length when building an entirely new gym.

I get it. Seems like most schools that want the college length courts do so to host regional tournaments. In my area (16th region) there isn't alternate tournament sites, it's at Morehead State every year.

But I do see your point. It makes sense to have a college length court if you have the opportunity to host a regional tournament or even like you said for practice for a regional tournament or the sweet 16. I'd imagine there is a bit more cost as well though unless they sacrifice space along the baselines.