George Rogers Clark's new arena

Very impressed with the bright, colorful, fan-friendly arena!!!

A major issue for fans and broadcasters alike is the lack of internet access.

They do provide a "hot-wire" service, that can be used as an Ethernet connection if you have access to a unit. We were fortunate to figure this out just before air time, which saved us from having to go "tape delay."

Another minor disappointment was that the highly touted Pork Chop and Ribeye Sandwiches were not available as noted on the Menu board prior to the first game of the 10th Region Tournament.

I have every confidence that over time these issues will be resolved, but overall this is going to be a wonderful venue for future major events.

[ATTACH]69928[/ATTACH]

This is going to disappoint Coach Truck mightily.

I found the arena quite impressive an enjoyed my experience there last night. The only thing I would have liked to see is a score board with players numbers, points, & fouls but that's just personal preference.

Also a little shout out to all the A schools fan bases last night. Well represented!

Very impressed with the bright, colorful, fan-friendly arena!!!

A major issue for fans and broadcasters alike is the lack of internet access.

They do provide a "hot-wire" service, that can be used as an Ethernet connection if you have access to a unit. We were fortunate to figure this out just before air time, which saved us from having to go "tape delay."

Another minor disappointment was that the highly touted Pork Chop and Ribeye Sandwiches were not available as noted on the Menu board prior to the first game of the 10th Region Tournament.

I have every confidence that over time these issues will be resolved, but overall this is going to be a wonderful venue for future major events.

[ATTACH]69928[/ATTACH]

The head honcho was there last night, and was disappointed in the menu and prices. The fieldhouse is overall better. The experience, the food, the sammiches. I'm not sure I'm going to make the drive anymore. But I'll be there tonight-- no pork tenderloin tonight and I'll have to find another way to spend my dollars. The Honcho makes good money, and he loves throwing it around at High School events. But I aint paying $5 for a cheeseburger.

I found the arena quite impressive an enjoyed my experience there last night. The only thing I would have liked to see is a score board with players numbers, points, & fouls but that's just personal preference.

Also a little shout out to all the A schools fan bases last night. Well represented!

I'm with you on the score board.

[/b]Though it was obvious, but I can list a few things: 2 video boards, never seen them in any high school in our region. Elevator to upper level. Several concession stands, on both levels. Score boards in upper level, not a bad seat in the house. Entrances on upper and lower levels.

Goldie...I’m not arguing...the gym is very nice. Especially since it’s new. But I moved around some between games, and found seats with obstructed views. The corner seats in the end zone with the standing room area has about 1/3 of the seats where you cannot see the action below the rim area. And in the upper deck there are seats with views blocked by the pillars. Not saying it isn’t nice...it is. But there are “bad” seats to view the game from. Wondering why that was the case if you build from scratch?

Goldie...I’m not arguing...the gym is very nice. Especially since it’s new. But I moved around some between games, and found seats with obstructed views. The corner seats in the end zone with the standing room area has about 1/3 of the seats where you cannot see the action below the rim area. And in the upper deck there are seats with views blocked by the pillars. Not saying it isn’t nice...it is. But there are “bad” seats to view the game from. Wondering why that was the case if you build from scratch?

Yeah, I've never seen a gym yet that didn't have some bad seats.

From Evan Dennison

Got the tour from GRC coach Josh Cook of some of the amenities in the gym here and its unreal.

ESYSTzeWkAIZ40i?format=jpg&name=360x360

They're touch screens to draw up plays if needed. Pretty slick.

Sorry, but where I'm from, this is classified as overkill.

Photos look very nice and sounds like a great high school facility. People always find something to criticize. If the concessions are lacking, DON'T BUY ANYTHING. It's a high school gym not a restaurant. I guarantee there is a McDonald's you can hit before or after or an Applebee's where you can get a $10 burger. Always enjoyed all the regional venues when coaching in 10th. Never did much dining...maybe some pre game popcorn.

Sorry, but where I'm from, this is classified as overkill.

Today it is called state of the art.

Photos look very nice and sounds like a great high school facility. People always find something to criticize. If the concessions are lacking, DON'T BUY ANYTHING. It's a high school gym not a restaurant. I guarantee there is a McDonald's you can hit before or after or an Applebee's where you can get a $10 burger. Always enjoyed all the regional venues when coaching in 10th. Never did much dining...maybe some pre game popcorn.

Thank you. :thumb: Can't understand why some won't see what a great facility this is. It shouldn't matter what school it is.