Everything posted by PurpleMustang
-
George Rogers Clark's new arena
I thought that was maybe a first night thing. However, same items not available 2nd night. The $5.00 cheeseburger was dry. Place is beautiful, concession lack.
-
10th Region Draw
GRC gets the All A bracket.
-
Bishop Brossart 47 Calvary Christian 38
Score should read 47-38. That is what both Score books showed.
-
Newport Central Catholic 76 Bishop Brossart 73 (OT)
Nothing is taking away that NCC won the game. I think the final score proves that. In fact, the fouls allowed Brossart to get back in the game. First half NCC was up double digits when only 13 fouls were called. Watching the 41 fouls called in second half was not what most people came to watch. Rather watch boys play basketball than officials stopping action and reporting fouls. With that said, both teams played hard with the players they had left. NCC made some big plays during OT that gave them the win. Good luck to both teams come district and regional time.
-
Newport Central Catholic 76 Bishop Brossart 73 (OT)
NCC gave up double digit lead to trail by two late in game. Mullikin's basket at end of regulation ties game at 69 and sends to OT. NCC pulls out the win in OT outscoring Mustangs 7-4 in OT. There were big plays made by both teams. Mullikin leads NCC with 20 points. Howard 15 points had big loose ball recovery and basket in OT. Mueller 13 points had hugh stick back and one on missed FT by NCC in OT. Mustangs were lead by Ethan Eilerman with 25 points. Govan and Schirmer contributed 16 points each. Brossart shot 32 of 39 from line. I am sure there will be plenty of discussion about officials. 40 fouls and 1 bench technical in 2nd half alone. Both teams had players foul out and other with 4 fouls on them. Not what you want to watch but the boys on both teams played hard was an exciting game from a fans point of view.
-
Robertson County/Campbell County predictions
Will someone please post a link to broadcast
-
Calvary Christian 48 Brossart 46
Calvary Christian played the better game tonight. Mason Rouch is a fun player to watch play. Congratulations on their victory they deserved it. The pass at the end of game was a bullet right to his teammate under the basket. Best of luck the rest of the season.
-
Kevin Bundy Named Bishop Brossart Girls Basketball Coach
Great hire for the program. Will miss Kevin on the sidelines of the boys program. Mr. Franzen has done an excellent job as AD. You hit the nail on the head that he is proving to make the right choices. I want to thank him for everything he has done for BBHS.
-
Bishop Brossart/Pendleton County predictions
I guess you did not vote in the poll or you are picking Brossart. Since 2010/11 season Brossart is 24-18 counting last nights game against Augusta in games after the All A. NCC - 4 losses Scott - 2 losses Mason Co - 3 losses Montgomery Co - 2 losses - Regional games Campbell Co - 4 losses - District games Harrison Co - 1 14/15 season Deming - 1 10/11 season Augusta - 1 15/16 season 12 losses to some really good big school programs along with four losses at the hands of excellent NCC teams and two losses to a couple of quality small school programs at the time. I do not see a problem
-
Mason County Bishop Brossart 2/20
Sorry about that. It was to sumoroyal
-
Mason County Bishop Brossart 2/20
Sent you a PM
-
Augusta 67 Bishop Brossart 65 OT
Augusta 7-13-17-19-11 -67 BBHS 15-13-16-12-9 -65 Aug: Crawford 4-0-1/2-9, Tucker 3-0-0/0-6, Maddox 3-2-11/12-23, Shrader 0-4-2/2-14, Snapp 1-1-10/14 - 15 Team 11-7-24/30 - 67 BBHS Zai 1-1-0/0-5, Hackworth 01-0/0-3, Saunders 2-1-0/0-7, Roberts 2-1-0/0-7, Geiman 3-0-0/0-6, Crawford 7-0-1/2-15, Zink 9-1-1/2-22 Team 24-5-2/4 - 65
-
Augusta 67 Bishop Brossart 65 OT
Final Score 67-65, Brossart hit a three at the end of game for final score. Augusta was 24-30 from the line. Had 11 twos and 7 threes to go with their 24 FTs.
-
Mike Flynn Resigns From Highlands
Thanks for the information. You really know how to slow down a thread. I guess next post will be on or after April 22.
-
Is Ryle Looking For A New Coach?
Why would you need to inform your current school you are applying? Once you are selected and know you are going to accept the position is the time to inform your current school. Otherwise, if your current school knows you are looking maybe they start looking to replace you with someone who would be happy to be head coach. If Mike Code would apply for this position I think he would be an excellent choice. I do not see him leaving BBHS next year but could see him change anytime after that. I think this year will be his 10th at BBHS. I hear he is meeting with his entire staff and team on March 18. I think they are covering up the meeting by calling it the team banquet.
-
Bishop Brossart/Augusta predictions 2/5
I will wait to hear from Mustang on the subject. I heard Augusta reschedule Montgomery for Wednesday. If both schools agree then I do not see any problem. BBHS now needs to focus on Friday nights showdown with Scott.
-
Bishop Brossart/Augusta predictions 2/5
Could you please change the thread to read the game is cancelled?
- 2013 All-A Basketball Tournament Contest
-
Bishop Brossart 64 Beechwood 35
Saunders had 10 points in limited minutes
-
Bishop Brossart 63 Newport 51
There are way to many games prior to a possible matchup with MCHS. Next up is Oldham County at Lexington Catholic. We will know more as the season progresses. So far, I like what I have seen. As for this fan, I would love nothing more than to be playing MCHS - That means BBHS is in the Regional Tourny and at the Fieldhouse once again. But back to this thread. BBHS guards and the whole team played very well against a very athletic team. Newport has some talented players. As previously stated, game was closer then final score.
-
37th District
I agree that it is a hard District to get out of into the Regionals. The first round game between the 2 and 3 seed always causes a good team to finish early. However, until a team from the 37th qualifies to go to State I can not consider them the strongest. In fact, the current 37th has not had a state qualifier. Last time a team currently in the 37th went to state was Cambell County in 2001. It was called the 38th District back then.
-
Bishop Brossart 36 Harrison County 34
This thread is about Harrision County and Brossart. Please start your own "I am not a Mustang fan" thread. I will gladly add my own comments should you do so. The BBHS Mustangs are finding it very hard to score lately. Both Harrision County and NCC played excellent defense. NCC had more offense weapons and had home court advantage. For what it is worth, Mustang has nothing but high praise for McGovney. Just like you he is always for his team. What team would not have loved to have McGovney play for them. Individuals "adults" should let the kids play the game and enjoy watching them. High School is such a short period that time should not be wasted on any negative thoughts. Keep cheering for your team and not against the other team.
-
2011-12 NKY Regional Pick'em Contest (Week 5)
7 Newport Central Catholic 5 South Laurel 3 Beechwood 2 Calvary 1 Brossart 1st Tiebreaker South Laurel
-
Bishop Brossart 65 Newport Central Catholic 61
Thanks for boxscore: Here are a couple NC corrections. Ryan 0-4-0/0-12, Schulte 1-0-1/1-3, Seibert 2-0-4/6-8 McDonald 6-0-6/8-18 NCC 12-7-16/25-61
-
Reinhart named new coach at Nicholas County
Kevin Reinhart is a true competitor. He was an outstanding player and I am sure that he will be an excellent coach. He understands all aspects of the game and will demand that his player give 100% at all times. His team will play defense. I wish him the best in his new position and hope the Nicholas County admin and fans give him a chance. If they do, I think they will enjoy the ride. Look forwarded to seeing him as head coach of a varsity squad.