Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mike Flynn Resigns From Highlands

Featured Replies

Word out of the Fort.

 

Informed the team today.

  • Replies 366
  • Views 74k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea on why?

No great shock here.

 

Flynn and the Birds were not a match made in heaven. Probably a great move for the mutual benefit of all involved.

 

Who's the next coach??? I've said all along that Mike Listerman would be the first to apply and as a favorite son in the City of Beautiful Homes would be embraced by the school and secular community, ride into Fort Thomas on his white horse, and lead the Bluebrids basektball program out of the current doldrums and restore the formerly successful program back to its former place of prominence. (Perception, not reality).

 

However, I'm being told that I'm all wet by those close to the program, that no teaching position exists in the math department.

Since Listerman might not be able to go, any other possible candidates?

  • Author

Steve Hunt

Josh Feldmann

Since Listerman might not be able to go, any other possible candidates?

 

Oldbird

Qryche11

Steve Hunt

Josh Feldmann

 

I've heard Flynn's resignation rumored for awhile and he to be the favorite among the assistants.

If I'm Highlands I call Jeff Davis of South Laurel and see if he has any interest in coming back north. I think he'd be a great fit at a school like Highlands.

Oldbird

Qryche11

 

I have no idea who will get the job or even who the leading candidates would be; however, I would be shocked if Mike Listerman is considered. Despite Mustang's crush on Listerman, he is not the cure to the birds problems.

Oldbird

Qryche11

 

One of them is a track and swim coach so they would not be qualified.:lol2:

If I'm Highlands I call Jeff Davis of South Laurel and see if he has any interest in coming back north. I think he'd be a great fit at a school like Highlands.

 

 

Jeff is a great coach. Not sure I'd run away from a 'basketball' school to a 'football' school though. He may be waiting for another opportunity in NKY.

I have no idea who will get the job or even who the leading candidates would be; however, I would be shocked if Mike Listerman is considered. Despite Mustang's crush on Listerman, he is not the cure to the birds problems.

 

It didn't take you long to start eliminating the competition...

Mike told the team today that his wife is retiring this year from teaching and they will be moving to South Carolina. Mike retired from his principal job last year.

 

I had heard that this was his retirement plan several years ago. The plan I heard was to move after the 2014 school year, so this is one year earlier than I expected.

Steve Hunt

Josh Feldmann

 

Since Feldman currently teaches in the district; he might have an interest but was passed over once before. I like Mike Listerman but who knows if they want to go in that direction. I hope they look carefully and get somebody who is energetic and can relate to the kids. Dale and JB and Coach Richey have had success because kids want to be a part of the program. I like the young Ryan Bowman who might do very well in his first stint of being a head coach.

I have no idea who will get the job or even who the leading candidates would be; however, I would be shocked if Mike Listerman is considered. Despite Mustang's crush on Listerman, he is not the cure to the birds problems.

 

I have no crush on Listerman, and maybe his time has come and gone. It just seems like such a natural fit. He comes from an era and staff that was extremely successful. Things have been in a slow downward spiral ever since, and I'm sure he would jump at the chance to become a head coach, and attempt to re-invent the Birds of the late 70's/early 80's.

 

Mike would be a guy who would work the cafeteria, and sometimes it's not how good of a coach you are, but your ability to attract players to your program that can make a difference.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.