Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Rogers Clark's new arena

Featured Replies

Our new arena opens tomorrow Feb 11th Double header of girls and boys game.It is state of the art.

 

Pictures from GRC newspaper.

 

 

83849352_132675384890121_5641359343371681792_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ohc=Q8r1924nZLcAX98xyME&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=b9b063b1d62d41846241ff00f76415b1&oe=5EBE2F0F

 

safe_image.php?d=AQCsFn16yHMFKdp0&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.wixstatic.com%2Fmedia%2F7c163a_b533b420e426448e8343497f92a604b3%257Emv2.jpg%2Fv1%2Ffit%2Fw_1000%252Ch_1000%252Cal_c%252Cq_80%2Ffile.png&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQCEumLsYebmpeEK

 

84037545_132675404890119_2979222558999576576_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ohc=HQZ4yKLiykAAX_s0qi8&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=5fc4e39a0bb7e96ec6dfde0a1eb177ac&oe=5ED48104

  • Replies 98
  • Views 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • gold sunrise
    gold sunrise

    Thanks my friend.

  • KYBleacherButt
    KYBleacherButt

    The visiting locker rooms were very nice and have the scoreboard's clock in them, a little thing but a nice touch. There are two different officials locker rooms, presumably a male/female set up if yo

Posted Images

Looks nice - out of curiosity, why do you think they didn’t go with a college length court?

Not being a smart butt, but what makes it state of the art? What does it have? Video board?

Looks nice - out of curiosity, why do you think they didn’t go with a college length court?

 

My best guess is because it's a high school court and I don't believe any colleges will be using it.

Looks nice. Three questions how many does it hold. Also I’m surprised being a new gym it doesn’t have any chair back seats. Will it go into the rotation for hosting the 10th region tournament?

I hope to help break in Press Row in a few weeks.

My best guess is because it's a high school court and I don't believe any colleges will be using it.

 

Maybe it's just a local thing, but it's a bit in vogue around here to have college length courts at some of the new gyms due to our region tournament being played at that length, in addition to the Sweet 16. We view it as an advantage for those reasons as well as a conditioning advantage against other teams not used to running as much. I guess that slants my view - I just assume teams will make their court that length when building an entirely new gym.

Looks nice. Three questions how many does it hold. Also I’m surprised being a new gym it doesn’t have any chair back seats. Will it go into the rotation for hosting the 10th region tournament?

 

I'm pretty sure it's in the rotation. It looks at first glance to be somewhat similar to the gym that Montgomery County built not long ago.

 

Looking forward, believe it or not, to a road trip with Parker to check it out.

I'm pretty sure it's in the rotation. It looks at first glance to be somewhat similar to the gym that Montgomery County built not long ago.

 

Looking forward, believe it or not, to a road trip with Parker to check it out.

 

You need to keep better company papi. If can'tcoach comes along, don't let the brat tie him to the roof rack.

Not being a smart butt, but what makes it state of the art? What does it have? Video board?

 

I was wondering the same thing.

  • Author
Not being a smart butt, but what makes it state of the art? What does it have? Video board?

 

 

 

It has 6 scoreboards not a bad seat anywhere. A elevator to upper level. You can enter on both upper or lower levels. Concession stands on both levels with tables to stand and eat while watching the game. I really like this feature. Student section at ends of court. Just pointing out a few things.

 

When you see it in a few weeks you will understand. I had the honor of getting a special tour last week.

  • Author
I hope to help break in Press Row in a few weeks.

I will buy you a Ale-8. Really look forward to seeing you. Look forward to see what you think of it.

Maybe it's just a local thing, but it's a bit in vogue around here to have college length courts at some of the new gyms due to our region tournament being played at that length, in addition to the Sweet 16. We view it as an advantage for those reasons as well as a conditioning advantage against other teams not used to running as much. I guess that slants my view - I just assume teams will make their court that length when building an entirely new gym.

 

I get it. Seems like most schools that want the college length courts do so to host regional tournaments. In my area (16th region) there isn't alternate tournament sites, it's at Morehead State every year.

 

But I do see your point. It makes sense to have a college length court if you have the opportunity to host a regional tournament or even like you said for practice for a regional tournament or the sweet 16. I'd imagine there is a bit more cost as well though unless they sacrifice space along the baselines.

It is top shelf Goldie and I'm hoping you get to see many, many games there.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.