George Rogers Clark's new arena

It’s high school basketball and should be stuck to playing on high school length court.

Regional tournaments should be in packed high schools gyms not half empty college gyms, save the college floor for state tournament only.

So the first time kids should play on the college floor should be the state tournament? That doesn't seem like it would make for a good transition.

Also, you haven't been to many region games if you think the college gyms are half empty. They aren't playing them at UL or UK they are playing them in college arenas that are not much larger than the one we are discussing in this post.

Not being a smart butt, but what makes it state of the art? What does it have? Video board?

It has 2 video boards. Time clocks on top of ball goals, concession stands with pork chop sandwiches.

Watch the video below it will show you more. It is even more state of the art than I expected. A top notch high school gym in the state. The 10th region is blessed to have it.

[video=youtube_share;C8q0xTp9Zqw]

Here is our coverage of the opening night of the brand-new GRC Arena. #BigThings

Thanks so much for posting. Awesome job.

So the first time kids should play on the college floor should be the state tournament? That doesn't seem like it would make for a good transition.

Also, you haven't been to many region games if you think the college gyms are half empty. They aren't playing them at UL or UK they are playing them in college arenas that are not much larger than the one we are discussing in this post.

Murray State half full

3rd region at Owensboro sports center half full

4th at WKU half full

9th at NKU half full

11th at WKU half full

16th at Morehead half full

I was looking forward to seeing the gym if not this season but for sure next season when Frederick Douglass would be there but I guess it will be two years now. GRC this week asked Douglass to let them out of their game at Douglass on Feb. 18 so they could try and get another regular season home game this year.

I was looking forward to seeing the gym if not this season but for sure next season when Frederick Douglass would be there but I guess it will be two years now. GRC this week asked Douglass to let them out of their game at Douglass on Feb. 18 so they could try and get another regular season home game this year.

Wow.