Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Rogers Clark's new arena

Featured Replies

I understand. Douglas must have to. No WOW here.

 

Due to late opening of gym, GRC should have had back half of schedule loaded with home games. Just doesn't show much class dropping games to cover your deficiencies.

  • Replies 98
  • Views 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • gold sunrise
    gold sunrise

    Thanks my friend.

  • KYBleacherButt
    KYBleacherButt

    The visiting locker rooms were very nice and have the scoreboard's clock in them, a little thing but a nice touch. There are two different officials locker rooms, presumably a male/female set up if yo

Posted Images

  • Author
Due to late opening of gym, GRC should have had back half of schedule loaded with home games. Just doesn't show much class dropping games to cover your deficiencies.

 

 

Do you not have anything nice or positive to post about our new arena?

Frederick Douglass is gracious and sporting in releasing GRC from it's commitment > The GRC team and fans get an opportunity to acclimate themselves to their beautiful new gym > 4 Quarters gets to enjoy the hospitality in Winchester > Boyd Co. gets a chance to sharpen their shooting skills by picking up an extra game > The Broncos still have an opportunity to find a replacement, maybe in their own gym.

 

Sportsmanship and generosity prevail. John Forbes Nash would be proud (I think).

Edited by Runcible Owl
Nash equilibrium uncertainty.

Do you not have anything nice or positive to post about our new arena?

 

My comment has nothing to do with gym, it was about fore site while preparing a schedule. I have yet to visit the new gym, so honestly, how can I comment one way or the other?

It has 6 scoreboards not a bad seat anywhere. A elevator to upper level. You can enter on both upper or lower levels. Concession stands on both levels with tables to stand and eat while watching the game. I really like this feature. Student section at ends of court. Just pointing out a few things.

 

When you see it in a few weeks you will understand. I had the honor of getting a special tour last week.

 

I got to the game last night, the new gym is very nice. I looked over the place and could locate only two scoreboards, not six. LOL

  • Author
I got to the game last night, the new gym is very nice. I looked over the place and could locate only two scoreboards, not six. LOL

 

It has 4. 2 lower and 2 in upper decks. 2 lower are video boards. I couldn't tell the difference in the walk through.

They picked up Boyd County from the 16th Region. They said they were hosting the district and regional in their gym and hadn’t shot to well so far and wanted another game in it if possible before the post season.

 

Wait, this sounds like home court advantage.

  • Author
Wait, this sounds like home court advantage.

 

It is. At least we will admit it.:thumb: Hope you will appreciate the new arena.

Will GRC host the region from now on or rotate years? @gold sunrise.

Is there a 4 year rotation with Mason, GRC, Montgomery, and Campbell?

  • Author
Will GRC host the region from now on or rotate years? @gold sunrise.

 

That is something to ask the other districts. They vote where to have it when it is their turn to host.

Is there a 4 year rotation with Mason, GRC, Montgomery, and Campbell?

 

For the last several years districts 37,38, and 39 have voted to have the regional tourney at Mason County. The 40th has voted for Montgomery. I'm guessing things won't change except maybe the 40th will alternate between Montgomery and GRC.

Oh ok thanks I thought Campbell hosted it a few years ago maybe just old age. Lol

Oh ok thanks I thought Campbell hosted it a few years ago maybe just old age. Lol

 

No, but it was at NKU a few years ago.(2009)

It is. At least we will admit it.:thumb: Hope you will appreciate the new arena.

 

That is a little more than just a home court advantage. When held at Mason we just come and play. As I have said in the past, playing on your home court is an advantage but not near what you think. If it is, Mason would win every year. Beat team wins 90% of the time.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.