Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Rogers Clark's new arena

Featured Replies

  • Author
That is a little more than just a home court advantage. When held at Mason we just come and play. As I have said in the past, playing on your home court is an advantage but not near what you think. If it is, Mason would win every year. Beat team wins 90% of the team.

 

For another thread. This one is about our new arena. Like I said I hope fans will appreciate it . Will see you at the tourney. Enjoy the ride.

  • Replies 98
  • Views 19.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • gold sunrise
    gold sunrise

    Thanks my friend.

  • KYBleacherButt
    KYBleacherButt

    The visiting locker rooms were very nice and have the scoreboard's clock in them, a little thing but a nice touch. There are two different officials locker rooms, presumably a male/female set up if yo

Posted Images

Don't forget the ice cream!

 

Beautiful campus and Arena.

Place looks awesome. Need to get that Cardinal updated though. :D

I hate to be Negative Nancy, but I'm with others:

 

What makes it "state of the art" and why?

 

Don't get me wrong, it's nice. Really nice. One of nicest gyms I've seen.

 

But what new-to-the-market or new-to-design option does this gym have that hardly anyone else does?

 

It happens all the time in my home town. Some fitness center or CrossFit place will label itself as state of the art, only I can look at its list of Pro's and find it elsewhere. Likely close, too.

  • Author
I hate to be Negative Nancy, but I'm with others:

 

What makes it "state of the art" and why?

 

Don't get me wrong, it's nice. Really nice. One of nicest gyms I've seen.

 

But what new-to-the-market or new-to-design option does this gym have that hardly anyone else does?

 

It happens all the time in my home town. Some fitness center or CrossFit place will label itself as state of the art, only I can look at its list of Pro's and find it elsewhere. Likely close, too.

 

Though it was obvious, but I can list a few things: 2 video boards, never seen them in any high school in our region. Elevator to upper level. Several concession stands, on both levels. Score boards in upper level, not a bad seat in the house. Entrances on upper and lower levels.

[/b]Though it was obvious, but I can list a few things: 2 video boards, never seen them in any high school in our region. Elevator to upper level. Several concession stands, on both levels. Score boards in upper level, not a bad seat in the house. Entrances on upper and lower levels.

 

Do you know why they decided not to put chair back seats in the lower section?

  • Author
Do you know why they decided not to put chair back seats in the lower section?

 

Can seat more.

The visiting locker rooms were very nice and have the scoreboard's clock in them, a little thing but a nice touch. There are two different officials locker rooms, presumably a male/female set up if you have a mixed crew? I also heard, but didn't see first hand, that the home locker rooms and coaches' offices have massive touch screen televisions that can be used to watch film and show things to the team. I'm told those are very, very nice and very, very costly. There is also a dual camera in a fixed position for filming the games. This is very nice. You don't have to find someone to film or worry about them doing it well. I've watched film from a setup similar to this and it is pretty great. There are two fixed cameras, one for each half court. Then the software follows the ball and uses that as the primary source on the video you watch. However, if something happens on the other screen you can switch to it. It's amazing for watching film.

 

This isn't a huge amenity but I really like the main entrance. It felt like a much smaller version of the entrance to the Yum! Center. There are two family restrooms on the lower level which are super nice for families. There is corner seating, which is near non-existent in high school gyms. There are the risers for the student sections. There is the standing area on the second level of one end of the course. Many of these things are small but overall I think they are nice touches. They are things you seem to find at newer college arenas but not at the high school level, at least from my travels.

Edited by KYBleacherButt
Typo

The mounted cameras sound awesome.

  • Author
The visiting locker rooms were very nice and have the scoreboard's clock in them, a little thing but a nice touch. There are two different officials locker rooms, presumably a male/female set up if you have a mixed crew? I also heard, but didn't see first hand, that the home locker rooms and coaches' offices have massive touch screen televisions that can be used to watch film and show things to the team. I'm told those are very, very nice and very, very costly. There is also a dual camera in a fixed position for filming the games. This is very nice. You don't have to find someone to film or worry about them doing it well. I've watched film from a setup similar to this and it is pretty great. There are two fixed cameras, one for each half court. Then the software follows the ball and uses that as the primary source on the video you watch. However, if something happens on the other screen you can switch to it. It's amazing for watching film.

 

This isn't a huge amenity but I really like the main entrance. It felt like a much smaller version of the entrance to the Yum! Center. There are two family restrooms on the lower level which are super nice for families. There is corner seating, which is near non-existent in high school gyms. There are the risers for the student sections. There is the standing area on the second level of one end of the course. Many of these things are small but overall I think they are nice touches. They are things you seem to find at newer college arenas but not at the high school level, at least from my travels.

 

Thanks so much for posting. :thumb: Just more state of the art features that our new arena offers.

Hard to believe anyone would question this.

Wi-Fi and Ethernet access???

The newest gym in the 8th region (Collins) has the worst wi-fi / internet reception.

Hard to believe anyone would question this.

 

There's a few of "those people" in every bunch...

The mounted cameras sound awesome.

 

At the draw meeting the GRC athletic director, Jamie Keene, made reference to joining NFHS which would make video of all games, including the 10th Region Tournament games, available to those holding, or wishing to purchase a subscription.

 

Subscription rates are $10.99 a month, and $69.99 a year.

A subscription gives you full access to the NFHS network, which will include video broadcasts of the upcoming KHSAA "Sweet Sixteen" State Tournament.

 

All NFHS Network events are available to watch online at High School Sports Online - Stream Live & On Demand and through the NFHS Network Live App for iOS and Android, as well as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.

 

I haven't heard any more from him since Saturday, but this is something that I would think many of our statewide basketball fans, and those in the far reaches of the region, who can't make the trip might be interested in.

Very impressed with the bright, colorful, fan-friendly arena!!!

 

A major issue for fans and broadcasters alike is the lack of internet access.

They do provide a "hot-wire" service, that can be used as an Ethernet connection if you have access to a unit. We were fortunate to figure this out just before air time, which saved us from having to go "tape delay."

 

Another minor disappointment was that the highly touted Pork Chop and Ribeye Sandwiches were not available as noted on the Menu board prior to the first game of the 10th Region Tournament.

 

I have every confidence that over time these issues will be resolved, but overall this is going to be a wonderful venue for future major events.

 

Concession-GRC-20-BGP.jpg

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.