How often do you swap your avatar?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

I'm currently on my second one in the 9+ years I've been here. Changed to it sometime around 2014 or 2015, I believe. I had this fella previously:

Standing Colonel With Cane--BLUE.jpg

There are lots of folks who change up regularly, and other folks who do it less frequently (and consequently end up totally messing with my head for the next several weeks whenever I see them posting.. @HammerTime)

I can think back to a lot of folks who have had theirs for a LOOONG time too. @theguru has been Lex Luthor for as long as I've been here on BGP. @True blue (and gold) has been repping the Crimson Tide logo ever since we lost Alabama Larry here on the site. @NEERFAN has been rocking his 'Neers helmet for as long as I can remember. @00Rocket28 has been the milk man, and @Oldbird has been the running man for as long as I've been around.

What's your current avatar, and why? What's your philosophy on how often do you like to change things up?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently on my second one in the 9+ years I've been here. Changed to it sometime around 2014 or 2015, I believe. I had this fella previously:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67233[/ATTACH]

There are lots of folks who change up regularly, and other folks who do it less frequently (and consequently end up totally messing with my head for the next several weeks whenever I see them posting.. @HammerTime)

I can think back to a lot of folks who have had theirs for a LOOONG time too. @theguru has been Lex Luthor for as long as I've been here on BGP. @True blue (and gold) has been repping the Crimson Tide logo ever since we lost Alabama Larry here on the site. @NEERFAN has been rocking his 'Neers helmet for as long as I can remember. @00Rocket28 has been the milk man, and @Oldbird has been the running man for as long as I've been around.

What's your current avatar, and why? What's your philosophy on how often do you like to change things up?

I think the running man is the only avatar I have ever had. In early days we didn't have any avatars, but I think I started using the running man once that feature was added. I bet I have had that one for 15 years.

Guru used Mr. Burns from the Simpsons for a long time.

I like avatars that are animated. I was the running dinosaur for awhile and then I switched to a dancing Minion. Now I'm back to the dinosaur. Some time back, during the World Cup, I had a photo of a "healthy" female soccer fan from some South American country. After a week, I realized that it wasn't my style, so I changed it back.

I think I’ve had four in 14 years. My first was Mr. Hand from Fast Times at Ridgemont High movie. Then when our new 9 hole golf course opened in 2007 I had a Sag Hollow logo. I had a pic of the Gilligan’s Island professor and crew for a long time before going to the one I now have of the Nutty Professor.