2A Classic set to launch in 2019

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tournament play is the most fun thing to watch. This will give a bunch of other teams who are too small and in decent sized, but not 1A small, type schools a chance to compete for something.

It is good for the kids and a good showcase for basketball in the state. It also can get rid of the pressure to class basketball...the small schools have something to play for all the while keeping the Sweet 16 tradition alive!

Oh, and play the championship rounds (Sweet 16?) at Murray State...the CFSB Center is a great arena that not many in the state get to come see and only R1 tournament games are played there...it would give the Purchase Region/WKY a showcase tournament.

If they go ahead and do this, it will be the end of David vs. Goliath at Rupp. No more excitement for Cinderella. Before, it was A REALLY BIG DEAL for small schools to win their Region. Five guys or possibly girls who had played together and stayed together since 3rd or 4th grade and knew each other's every move and strength, playing in and possibly winning the SWEET SIXTEEN. I don't like where Kentucky is headed with these classes, 1A and now 2A. To win the All A and now 2A, is a really good thing. But to this Old Timer, it just isn't the SWEET SIXTEEN.

This is making it Class basketball. Just hasn't been sold to schools as such. Just doesn't seem like a good idea for our established traditional Sweet Sixteen. I know "MY GENERATION GAP IS SHOWING". :idunno:

I love it. Break them into classes like Ohio. I’d even break the catholic schools in their own division. Just what I’d like to see

Don’t be fooled into the thinking a “small” school would rather win this tournament instead playing at Rupp in March. I’m fairly certain my school’s fan base would rather win the 8th Region than the All A Classic Statewide Tournament.

Better yet, which tournament would Walton-Verona fans want to win? Next week in Richmond or New Castle come March.

Because since 1918, now Kentucky is one of two states, the other being Delaware, who do not have State Classed Tournaments in basketball. It's the possibility of David vs. Goliath.

No offense but that could be taken as we need to catch up with the rest of the country. I don't really know how I feel about it; I just know that everytime it's brought up on BGP people's heads start exploding and I wanted to know why. David vs Goliath is good but also a level playing field would be good as well.

Tournament play is the most fun thing to watch. This will give a bunch of other teams who are too small and in decent sized, but not 1A small, type schools a chance to compete for something.

It is good for the kids and a good showcase for basketball in the state. It also can get rid of the pressure to class basketball...the small schools have something to play for all the while keeping the Sweet 16 tradition alive!

Oh, and play the championship rounds (Sweet 16?) at Murray State...the CFSB Center is a great arena that not many in the state get to come see and only R1 tournament games are played there...it would give the Purchase Region/WKY a showcase tournament.

Just what I would to do, drive from Ashland to Murray.