Different perspective: Who has a really good coach they need to keep?

ChiefSmoke

Different perspective:

What schools have a really good coach and the school/community needs to provide more support.... funding, facilities, staffing, etc. ?? What schools out there, if we are honest, the wheels come off if the head coach walks out the door and they better work to keep him?

I am biased, but when a program struggles, everyone looks at the head coach when more than likely it is other issues or simply a lack of talented players.

And, to be clear, Mercer County Schools & our community supports our program and I am excited to be here. I hope they keep me! I didn't want anyone to read anything thing into this. Lol.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...

I will give it a shot:

Frankfort (Underfunded for the success they have had over the past decade or so)

Paris (Love the job their Coach is doing)

Williamsburg (Herron has built that program up but they dont have a ton of funding)

Lynn Camp (Traditionally the Have Nots of their area... great season)

NewCath (For their history, to not have their own facilities is a shame)

Monroe County (A program that traditionally overachieves)

Larue County (Jaggers is the man but hopefully they support him more than the last time)

Powell County (Surprising success)

Casey County (They appear to be devoted to making Casey the next Wayne Co, but need better facilities)

Shelby County (seem they do as much as Collins but with less)

East Jessamine (Feeder Program needs help)

Southwestern (By and large they do it right but their facilities could use an upgrade)

Lincoln County comes to mind. Travis Leffew genuinely cares for the kids and the program and has a good football IQ to boot. Not sure they get the support they deserve though. Seems like basketball is the main focus there.

Lincoln County was the first school that came to my mind. If they hand him the keys and back off I believe he will be successful.

Different perspective:

What schools have a really good coach and the school/community needs to provide more support.... funding, facilities, staffing, etc. ?? What schools out there, if we are honest, the wheels come off if the head coach walks out the door and they better work to keep him?

I am biased, but when a program struggles, everyone looks at the head coach when more than likely it is other issues or simply a lack of talented players.

And, to be clear, Mercer County Schools & our community supports our program and I am excited to be here. I hope they keep me! I didn't want anyone to read anything thing into this. Lol.

You do a fantastic job, Coach! Keep it up the great work. :thumb:

Franklin-Simpson

Coach Doug Preston came to FS in 2012 after the Wildcats went to the State Finals in 2011. The talent/experience cupboard was bare. After an initial 3-8 season FS has a record of 47-15. Four of five district championships, Regional RU, and a State Finals appearance.

Franklin-Simpson

Coach Doug Preston came to FS in 2012 after the Wildcats went to the State Finals in 2011. The talent/experience cupboard was bare. After an initial 3-8 season FS has a record of 47-15. Four of five district championships, Regional RU, and a State Finals appearance.

I have never had a positive post "Disliked". :ohbrother:

Several small schools fall in this category.

Paris and Coach Washington was the first that came to mind for me.

Brossart and Coach Wiggins definitely need to be listed, although the facilities and other support really look to be growing there.

Phelps. Coach Jones is a savior to that program.

Logan County comes to mind. The turnaround that has happened under Coach Adler ... they better keep that guy on board.

From a distance, after having him in Brooksville, I’d say it looks like Clay County needs to hang on to Mike Sizemore.

They were in several games, and won 2. Definitely building a program, one of the better young coaches in the game!

Bishop Brossart Coach Wiggins. Saved the entire program a few years back and doing a great job.

Brossart and Coach Wiggins definitely need to be listed, although the facilities and other support really look to be growing there.

Dropping back down to 1A was beneficial too. Their enrollment spike that sent them to 2A was a killer - they just couldn't compete with Newport Catholic, Covington Holy Cross, Lloyd, and Newport. Moving down gave them a more manageable district schedule and allowed for more success.