Bengals bringing in Kaepernick for a try out?

LRCW

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, with that horrendous O-line, it wouldn't matter if it was Kaepernick or Joe Montana. Same reason I expect Russell Wilson to finish the season on IR. AJ McCarron will get a good chance to audition for a starting job this season too, and it won't be because of poor play by Dalton.

Unfortunately, with that horrendous O-line, it wouldn't matter if it was Kaepernick or Joe Montana. Same reason I expect Russell Wilson to finish the season on IR. AJ McCarron will get a good chance to audition for a starting job this season too, and it won't be because of poor play by Dalton.

There was also a report in the cbs sports article that talked about some players wanting Kaepernick. That there are rumors within the team thay the Bengals will switch to McCarron if Dalton doesn't show improvement under the new coordinator. So things could get interesting if the offense doesnt show any improvement at all this week.

Outside of the pocket, he absolutely is. There is no debate there.

Inside the pocket would be a discussion to have.

If he's more outside the pocket, but less inside of it, then in my mind that's a push and it's not an upgrade. Now, I guess one could argue that it could be possible to design the offense to go more outside the pocket on passing plays and let Kap create, but then you are putting a LOT on Kap to perform and make good decisions, and I'm just not sure he's the guy to do that. With that said, Dalton has not looked good for sure, but it's not 100% on his shoulders either. The O line has looked terrible and they didn't fire the OC because they were scoring too many points, the offense has looked horrible since the first pre-season game. Plenty of blame to go around.