Bengals bringing in Kaepernick for a try out?

LRCW

Kapernick would be a horrible move. Let the new offensive coordinator go to work and see what he can do to fix the offense and Dalton. Two weeks from now if we see no progress, then it is McCarron time. He has been here, knows the offense and the players. I don't see any value in bringing in a QB who lost his job, can't find a new job, probably wants a high paycheck and commitment and will bring with him a sideshow more volatile than anything Ocho Cinco ever produced.

I think the big question I have from this report - does this mean these players don't have any confidence that McCarron can do the job? If players want Kapernick instead of McCarron, that is what I am wondering.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kapernick would be a horrible move. Let the new offensive coordinator go to work and see what he can do to fix the offense and Dalton. Two weeks from now if we see no progress, then it is McCarron time. He has been here, knows the offense and the players. I don't see any value in bringing in a QB who lost his job, can't find a new job, probably wants a high paycheck and commitment and will bring with him a sideshow more volatile than anything Ocho Cinco ever produced.

I think the big question I have from this report - does this mean these players don't have any confidence that McCarron can do the job? If players want Kapernick instead of McCarron, that is what I am wondering.

It kind of sounds like they don't want either of them doesn't it. I wonder if they just think that having Kap who could move would help with the line not being good.

Well before the NFL draft. I said trade Dalton to get a first round pick this year and possible one next year. Have McCarron be the starter and sign Kap. If McCarron failed then you have Kap who has experience.

So the only thing missing is the Bengals didn't trade Dalton when they could have.

Me too. I thought AJ was a leader with the winning mentality? Surely other players can recognize that if we can see it on TV while AJ is holding the clipboard, no?

This offense has been on a downward spiral ever since Zampese took over at OC... and in Zamp's defense, line play has been poor for sure.

But it makes no sense to me that the same QB and many of the same supporting cast did pretty well under Gruden and Jackson...

But all of a sudden, these guys forgot how to play?

One guy I think they miss more than I expected... Sanu...

Big, strong WR with a lot of skill sets that work well alongside a guy like Green...

Marvin Jones hurt too... and the line problems are obvious.

But let's see if the new OC can jumpstart anything... I have my doubts, but Zampese clearly wasn't motivating these guys or game planning/ game adjusting very well.

Bring Kap in for a tryout?

Why not? A tryout doesn't kill anyone.. and it just might light a fire under the current QB's on their roster..

This offense has been on a downward spiral ever since Zampese took over at OC... and in Zamp's defense, line play has been poor for sure.

But it makes no sense to me that the same QB and many of the same supporting cast did pretty well under Gruden and Jackson...

But all of a sudden, these guys forgot how to play?

One guy I think they miss more than I expected... Sanu...

Big, strong WR with a lot of skill sets that work well alongside a guy like Green...

Marvin Jones hurt too... and the line problems are obvious.

But let's see if the new OC can jumpstart anything... I have my doubts, but Zampese clearly wasn't motivating these guys or game planning/ game adjusting very well.

Bring Kap in for a tryout?

Why not? A tryout doesn't kill anyone.. and it just might light a fire under the current QB's on their roster..

This.

Me too. I thought AJ was a leader with the winning mentality? Surely other players can recognize that if we can see it on TV while AJ is holding the clipboard, no?

You realize this little tongue in cheek comment doesn't do much. Considering there were links posted of quotes of teammates saying Mccarron had the "it" factor and has the winning mentality. This was before he ever took over for Dalton. So while you may like to think it's only people watching the tv saying that. There was even quotes by Bengal teammates saying that and were even posted on here. Feel free to go back 2 years ago on here and you can see.

You realize this little tongue in cheek comment doesn't do much. Considering there were links posted of quotes of teammates saying Mccarron had the "it" factor and has the winning mentality. This was before he ever took over for Dalton. So while you may like to think it's only people watching the tv saying that. There was even quotes by Bengal teammates saying that and were even posted on here. Feel free to go back 2 years ago on here and you can see.

What difference does it make if they change QBs to Kaepernick, McCarron or Me? We're all going to get killed behind that line.