Prettier Shot: Steph J or Kareem Sky Hook?

Prettier Shot: Steph or Kareem?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Prettier Shot: Steph or Kareem?

Watching the 30 for 30 I was reminded how pretty Kareem's sky hook was.

It's obviously the most unstoppable offensive move in NBA history. However, I think it also is the prettiest shot. My guess is that may be a generational feeling.

Who ya got?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not even close. Kareem had so much range with the sky-hook,it was routine to see him unfurl from 15". I'd love to know how many times he was blocked, I wonder if Mark Eaton ever pulled off the feat.

I think I heard once that it was never blocked straight up, but a few guys did get him from the blindside a few times. It would nearly impossible to block from the front without foiling with the body. I'd give Sampson or maybe Hakeem the best shot to have blocked it.

Watching the 30 for 30 I was reminded how pretty Kareem's sky hook was.

It's obviously the most unstoppable offensive move in NBA history. However, I think it also is the prettiest shot. My guess is that may be a generational feeling.

Who ya got?

It is Kareem for anyone who was fortunate enough to be around when he played. I love Curry. Both he and Bird are the best pure shooters the NBA has ever seen, but the sky hook is in a class by itself. No one could defend it. Amazes me no one has tried to emulate it since Kareem retired. Imagine some of the guys playing now like Porzingis if they had it in their arsenal.

Love the timing of the 30 for 30 release, right after the Finals finished. Anyone who doesn't include Kareem in the GOAT debate hasn't been around long enough to speak intelligently on the subject. Go to the link below if you want a refresher on Kareem's greatness.

kareem-abdul-jabbar-is-the-best-basketball-player-ever

Edited by outofbounds
spelling

I've seen millions of smooth jumpers from thousands of players, Steph's isn't anything special to see.

I've rarely seen a Skyhook let alone one as smooth as Kareem had.

My thought exactly. As a matter of fact there are times, because Steph is so good and can get away with it, that he takes a lot of off balance, weird angle shots that aren't pretty at all. Kareem's looked exactly the same every time.

It is Kareem for anyone who was fortunate enough to be around when he played. I love Curry. Both he and Bird are the best pure shooters the NBA has ever seen, but the sky hook is in a class by itself. No one could defend it. Amazes me no one has tried to emulate it since Kareem retired. Imagine some of the guys playing now like Porzingis if they had it in their arsenal.

Love the timing of the 30 for 30 release, right after the Finals finished. Anyone who doesn't include Kareem in the GOAT debate hasn't been around long enough to speak intelligently on the subject. Go to the link below if you want a refresher on Kareem's greatness.

kareem-abdul-jabbar-is-the-best-basketball-player-ever

I was around when he played. I chose Steph.