Whitney Houston has Died...

Hangman

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My prayer is that those still alive would learn from her senseless death... that people would get out of toxic relationships and/or get some help with a drug problem. It's a little late to be praying for Whitney... her time is up.

The only thing I disagree with Clyde is that so many more people will pay attention to Whitney's death that it could be used as a learning tool.

TMZ is reporting that her body was found in the bathtub with her face underwater. She had been in the tub for quite a while when her assistant knocked on the door to check on her as they were preparing to go to Clive Davis' party.

She was known to take Xanax. Hotel staff said that Whitney and friends partied hard the night before in the hotel.

To me maturity isn't measured by age, but rather by decision making.

Agree. When does personal responsibility enter in the equation. She knew what she was doing (drugs, etc..) was wrong and the effects that would or could come with it, but still choose to partake. Feel sorry, but have no pity for her.

My prayer is that those still alive would learn from her senseless death... that people would get out of toxic relationships and/or get some help with a drug problem. It's a little late to be praying for Whitney... her time is up.

The only thing I disagree with Clyde is that so many more people will pay attention to Whitney's death that it could be used as a learning tool.

The only learning that ever seems to come out of situations like this is young people realizing more and more clearly that almost anyone who has made it uses and abuses different substances. I doubt anyone sees the death of an iconic drug abuser as grounds to change their life or not take the bump of cocaine sitting on the table in front of them. Drug abusers value their life in a completely different way than other people, and those other people need to realize that. It's painful to see a life end, but her choices were her own. The sad thing about this whole situation is the fact that you can practically play a guessing game for who is going to be next to die of a drug overdose or as a result of some downward spiral of usage in the popular culture.

It is very easy to discount those who have an addiction that hurts them and their family and friends. It is easy to discount them or discard them once they have passed on. We should be praying for them instead of putting them down. It is very easy to pray for those who are on the so called straight and narrow. We should be praying for those who are addicted to drugs and other substances.

We should remove the pillar out of our own eyes before we try to remove the speck out of another person's eye.

As I have often stated in my bible class:

It is easy to pray for those who are already saved, we should be praying for those who aren't.

Very well said!

You hear stories of how hard it is for people to quit smoking, chewing tobacco drinking, and heck stop drinking soft drinks for that matter. Now, imagine if you are addicted to something that makes you feel better than anything else in the world!!! How hard is that to stop doing? Obviously very difficult!!

I see this and reminded of this everyday of what can happen to someone who "just tried" one time and the next thing they know they are spiraling down a path that you would have never seen coming.

My brother is an addict and has been fighting it for alooong time! He is currently in a state prison and will be there for years. I can not figure out how two people who grew up in the same house made different choices.

The pain that addiction causes has such a major impact on all those close to the person addicted. My brother has two sons 12 and 8 years old, I now have custody of my two nephews and am raising them after my own two kids have graduated high school.

TMZ is reporting that her body was found in the bathtub with her face underwater. She had been in the tub for quite a while when her assistant knocked on the door to check on her as they were preparing to go to Clive Davis' party.

She was known to take Xanax. Hotel staff said that Whitney and friends partied hard the night before in the hotel.

Probably passed out on Xanax and drown, it has happened before.

Bobby Brown was the one who led her to the drugs, hope he is proud of himself, I wonder if he remembers the times he beat her. He is a real loser, I heard the concert he was singing at the crowd booed him.

Very well said!

You hear stories of how hard it is for people to quit smoking, chewing tobacco drinking, and heck stop drinking soft drinks for that matter. Now, imagine if you are addicted to something that makes you feel better than anything else in the world!!! How hard is that to stop doing? Obviously very difficult!!

I see this and reminded of this everyday of what can happen to someone who "just tried" one time and the next thing they know they are spiraling down a path that you would have never seen coming.

My brother is an addict and has been fighting it for alooong time! He is currently in a state prison and will be there for years. I can not figure out how two people who grew up in the same house made different choices.

The pain that addiction causes has such a major impact on all those close to the person addicted. My brother has two sons 12 and 8 years old, I now have custody of my two nephews and am raising them after my own two kids have graduated high school.

You are a good man for raising those kids.