Hangman

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No more than the addict in the gutter.

Usually agree with your thoughts, but some have demons they can't shake. Did she bring about her own problems...yes. But do you fault youngsters who choose to drink and drive and are killed or kill someone else or become paralyzed? Do you discard them with the same wave of the hand?

Usually agree with your thoughts, but some have demons they can't shake. Did she bring about her own problems...yes. But do you fault youngsters who choose to drink and drive and are killed or kill someone else or become paralyzed? Do you discard them with the same wave of the hand?

Aren't younger people by definition less mature and less reliable to make the right decisions?

I am not discounting anyone. She is no different than the addict on the street and deserves no more from us than they do.

I'd say that's a little bit different. Houston was hardly a youngster.

I am not discounting anyone. She is no different than the addict on the street and deserves no more from us than they do.

Well then I say when somebody commits suicide or drinks and drives and kills themselves, then we should have that same approach, and not set up benefits at local banks.....their families don't deserve any pity or handouts???? :rolleyes:

Well then I say when somebody commits suicide or drinks and drives and kills themselves, then we should have that same approach, and not set up benefits at local banks.....their families don't deserve any pity or handouts???? :rolleyes:

Who said anything about their family?

Why should we view this death as any more tragic than any addict who dies?

I think anyone that had the talent that she had that loses her life at such a young age is a tragedy. I would say the same for Michael Jackson, and I don't think their situations are all that different. To me, all human life is precious, so perhaps I took your "tone" improperly, but I just wouldn't cast her aside. Any addict who dies is a tragedy. She isn't asking anything from you. I get turned off by self made tragedies (drunk driving) and then families plea for support from the community at large to help bury the drunk driver.

I think anyone that had the talent that she had that loses her life at such a young age is a tragedy. I would say the same for Michael Jackson, and I don't think their situations are all that different. To me, all human life is precious, so perhaps I took your "tone" improperly, but I just wouldn't cast her aside. Any addict who dies is a tragedy. She isn't asking anything from you. I get turned off by self made tragedies (drunk driving) and then families plea for support from the community at large to help bury the drunk driver.

"Any addict who dies is a tragedy." That is my point.

Yet we often write the bum off as a "loser" and move on. She is no better than the street addict.

I understand your point but people seem to think it's more tragic the further someone falls. Hard to fall much farther than she did. Not saying it's right, just how it seems to be. Her life was not worth anything more than any other addict's.

I agree with everything you said, except for the sentiment in the last sentence. The drunk driver, who is dead, does not have to pay for their funeral. The family usually does.

What is tragic is for a a gift like Whitney's voice to be silenced.