Whitney Houston has Died...

Hangman

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see how anyone could put cocaine addiction in the same category as cancer...

Well I don't see how some people are as narrow minded as they are either so go figure? :rolleyes:

It's not just me saying this, listen to any psychologist, interventionist, etc. and they will tell you the same thing. Addiction is a disease, a disease that left un treated that can kill people. It ruins peoples lives, their health, their apperance. Like I said its not just me making this stuff up, I have heard the same thing said numerous times from many highly acclaimed people in the health industry. Drug addiction is as much of a disease as anything else.

Well I don't see how some people are as narrow minded as they are either so go figure? :rolleyes:

It's not just me saying this, listen to any psychologist, interventionist, etc. and they will tell you the same thing. Addiction is a disease, a disease that left un treated that can kill people. It ruins peoples lives, their health, their apperance. Like I said its not just me making this stuff up, I have heard the same thing said numerous times from many highly acclaimed people in the health industry. Drug addiction is as much of a disease as anything else.

Nobody is disagreeing. We are talking about Whitney Houston though and whether you want to admit it or not she chose to live her life in this manner. Do you understand that her family held an intervention that involved the police? Are you understanding that with her money she had access to rehab that the ordinary addicts don't? Are you understanding her family has been pleading with her for years to get help and get her life right? Her multitude of resources for help and the fact that she never listened after 20 years tells me she had no desire whatsoever to get herself right.

While I agree that addiction is a disease in the fashion that if left untreated, can lead to bad consequences, even death. However, where I hate to hear the term used is that the afflicted person has/had no choice in the matter. That is totally untrue. There is a choice. It may not be an easy one. In fact some addicts may rather die than to try and get "clean". But the fact of the matter is they DO have a choice. You can't choose to just quit alzheimers or diabetes or cancer.

Nobody is disagreeing. We are talking about Whitney Houston though and whether you want to admit it or not she chose to live her life in this manner. Do you understand that her family held an intervention that involved the police? Are you understanding that with her money she had access to rehab that the ordinary addicts don't? Are you understanding her family has been pleading with her for years to get help and get her life right? Her multitude of resources for help and the fact that she never listened after 20 years tells me she had no desire whatsoever to get herself right.

Yes I understand all of that. But I also understand the power of drug addiction. People who's never been there just think its as simple as "well they just never wanted to get better they had the chance." Believe me it's not that simple. Addiction causes you to turn into a completely different person, you start to live a completely different life. The choices and decisions you make are not the same choices and decisions you would make normally. I have never seen anything like it in my life, I have never saw anything so powerful in my life. For those who have been fortunate enough to not have to go through drug addiction good for you, but you will never actually know what its like to be in those shoes.

Yes I understand all of that. But I also understand the power of drug addiction. People who's never been there just think its as simple as "well they just never wanted to get better they had the chance." Believe me it's not that simple. Addiction causes you to turn into a completely different person, you start to live a completely different life. The choices and decisions you make are not the same choices and decisions you would make normally. I have never seen anything like it in my life, I have never saw anything so powerful in my life. For those who have been fortunate enough to not have to go through drug addiction good for you, but you will never actually know what its like to be in those shoes.

You'll just have to excuse me if after 20 years I gave up on Whitney. I'd do the same for any member of my family. I have seen the power addiction. I have also seen multiple people without the resources available to them that Whitney had and made the decision to get clean for the better of their life and for their family. I have never seen or been around any person who stayed high for 20 years with no thought of getting their life together like Whitney did. All of them got their lives together at a certain point. Whitney never did and never made an honest attempt to.

I feel very bad about this for her friends and family that tried to get her to overcome her addiction.

I however have zero sympathy for someone like Whitney who chose her own selfish desires over the love and feelings of those close to her.

Edited by UKMustangFan

I hear the Westboro people plan to protest her funeral. I hope her bodyguards show up and handle the picketers appropriately and by any means necessary.
Kevin Costner is pushing 60 so we will see how he handles things. In all seriousness I read he is supposed to speak at her funeral.

Kevin Costner is pushing 60 so we will see how he handles things. In all seriousness I read he is supposed to speak at her funeral.

If he is going to be there I could see 60 year old Kevin Costner reliving his role in the movie.

I've heard Bobby Brown isn't welcome also. Is that true?