Whitney Houston has Died...

Hangman

I hear the Westboro people plan to protest her funeral. I hope her bodyguards show up and handle the picketers appropriately and by any means necessary.

People around work are talking about NJ lowering flags to half staff for her on Saturday.

I'm not sure that's appropriate.

What's the general rule around lowering the flag to half staff?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People around work are talking about NJ lowering flags to half staff for her on Saturday.

I'm not sure that's appropriate.

What's the general rule around lowering the flag to half staff?

That is PATHETIC!!! How many young men and women from New Jersey that were killed in combat did they honor that way? An absolute joke!!!

While I agree that addiction is a disease in the fashion that if left untreated, can lead to bad consequences, even death. However, where I hate to hear the term used is that the afflicted person has/had no choice in the matter. That is totally untrue. There is a choice. It may not be an easy one. In fact some addicts may rather die than to try and get "clean". But the fact of the matter is they DO have a choice. You can't choose to just quit alzheimers or diabetes or cancer.

:thumb: Nicely explained.

Some people are more prone to addicton than others. Some people have a VERY DIFFICULT time stopping the drugs or drink. For some the intial days and weeks that they stop using can be horrible as they detox.

But at the end of the day, as difficult as it is, it is still a CHOICE.

I hear the Westboro people plan to protest her funeral. I hope her bodyguards show up and handle the picketers appropriately and by any means necessary.

But why though? If she is such a waste of life after 20 years of drug abuse like everyone is saying who cares if Westboro shows up to picket? They are basically picketing the same things you all are arguing about her.

That is PATHETIC!!! How many young men and women from New Jersey that were killed in combat did they honor that way? An absolute joke!!!

That is a joke people need to realize who true heroes are in this country. It amazes me how many falled soldiers go unnoticed while people who shouldn't even matter get all the attention.

But why though? If she is such a waste of life after 20 years of drug abuse like everyone is saying who cares if Westboro shows up to picket? They are basically picketing the same things you all are arguing about her.

Her family nor any family doesn't deserve to have anyone protesting at their funeral regardless of their transgressions in their life. Regardless of how I feel I wouldn't dare protest her funeral. The protesting of funerals is uncalled for. Let her family mourn her with their own private ceremony.

Also, tell me when I said she was a waste of life? I simply said I am not sad about her death. You're reaching because I am not sympathetic about how her life ended but I definitely ache for her family and especially her poor daughter.

That is a joke people need to realize who true heroes are in this country. It amazes me how many falled soldiers go unnoticed while people who shouldn't even matter get all the attention.

I believe you and LRCW are saying this:

whitney 4.jpg

Also, tell me when I said she was a waste of life? I simply said I am not sad about her death. You're reaching because I am not sympathetic about how her life ended but I definitely ache for her family and especially her poor daughter.

Sorry didn't mean all of that to be put on you but many posters in this thread have basically said she was a waste, thats what I was alluding too. Pretty much speaking to all those who made those types of remarks as well as a reply to you.

No hard feelings just good debate on BGPS as always. I just find it sad regardless of circumstance to see so many people have such awful feelings and notions towards those who have fell to drug addiction.