Bengals - Will they Shock Us?

I'm done talking about this after this post but CP has the most trade value today. There are no better FA QB's and of all the ones available for trade only Kolb could be argued has more value because of his age. If they are terrible because Dalton isn't good and win 2, 3 or 4 games they could hopefully draft Luck and have either another 1st round pick next year or a 2nd and get o-line help. If Dalton is good and they win 5 or more games great. They have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds and a good young QB to build around. If CP sits out this year he will be nowhere near as valuable as he is today. Why would they want him back when he wants no part of this organization? If Brown believes he's worth what's left on his contract he is either terribly overvaluing him or there were a lot, and I mean a whole lot more problems than we thought and nothing was really done to help those problems. So Brown is probably terribly overvaluing him which is another mistake on a long list of mistakes he has made.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm done talking about this after this post but CP has the most trade value today. There are no better FA QB's and of all the ones available for trade only Kolb could be argued has more value because of his age. If they are terrible because Dalton isn't good and win 2, 3 or 4 games they could hopefully draft Luck and have either another 1st round pick next year or a 2nd and get o-line help. If Dalton is good and they win 5 or more games great. They have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds and a good young QB to build around. If CP sits out this year he will be nowhere near as valuable as he is today. Why would they want him back when he wants no part of this organization? If Brown believes he's worth what's left on his contract he is either terribly overvaluing him or there were a lot, and I mean a whole lot more problems than we thought and nothing was really done to help those problems. So Brown is probably terribly overvaluing him which is another mistake on a long list of mistakes he has made.

The offensive coordinator is now gone, TO won't be back, and most likely Chad won't be back either. So I think that does answer some questions about there being more problems than just us seeing a QB not completing the pass. Remember we have heard teammates of Palmer, coaches, ex-teammates like TJ, and just football media guys even say that a lot of the problems were not Palmer. Now we see the Bengals make those changes that I said, so I do think it has a lot to do with those problems. They finally tried to fix those problems, but apparently it was to late because Palmer still does not want back.

Your situation you said means the Bengals basically would be happy winning just 5 games or so with Dalton. When I believe the organization does want to win now, and they know their best chance is with Palmer. So they are doing what they have to do to try to get him to play, which I agree with. With Palmer this team could win this year and we wouldn't have to wait a year or two. Dalton can sit and learn, and then in a year or two start playing.

Palmer is going to get his way eventually. He'll sit out this year. The Bengals have to get themselves close to the cap this season. Next year Carson decides to report and that's an extra 11-12MM that they won't have room for. He'll be traded, just not this year.

No, it's not construction. That was simply a comparison. If you, as the party holding someone under contract, establish that you do not necessarily hold them to the guidelines of the contract, then you're opening yourself up to a LOT of people taking advantage of you. Mikey B is making sure that isn't the case. Plus VOR and Futurecoach are right...Palmer still could very easily be trade fodder a year from now.

Could he be traded during the season as well?

"I know what other guys will tell you, that if he doesn’t want to be here so let him go. Not me," Crocker said. "If he ever wants to come back, I'll take him. He can stay at my house. He gives us the best option to win."

That is what Chris Crocker had to say about the Palmer situation, which is something I believe Mike Brown feels too. They know he gives them their best chance to win, and it's the only way to try to keep him here.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/The-show-must-go-on/1e4275a2-8529-4a27-839a-17506c9a15ad

Too much time wasted on hoping a Mike Brown run organization will 'turn it around.' Forget about it. I'm sure he's got some more convicts up his sleeves for bargain prices and a bunch of head cases failing to produce a cohesive unit. The best hope for the Bengals organization is that Palmer folds and comes back, playing Kitna for Dalton. An organization whose head of operations doesn't care if they win or lose is bound to disappoint and fail.

"I know what other guys will tell you, that if he doesn’t want to be here so let him go. Not me," Crocker said. "If he ever wants to come back, I'll take him. He can stay at my house. He gives us the best option to win."

That is what Chris Crocker had to say about the Palmer situation, which is something I believe Mike Brown feels too. They know he gives them their best chance to win, and it's the only way to try to keep him here.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/The-show-must-go-on/1e4275a2-8529-4a27-839a-17506c9a15ad

I said I would stay out of it, but I can't. He isn't coming back and the Bengals supposedly like Dalton and he has the "it" factor. You need to sell high and CP had his most value that they could have ever got from him this year. Brown won't move him. He's too stubborn. They could have gotten a pick for him, but Brown wants to win this "battle". Great. He wins. The players, fans and organization lose.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-wetzel_carson_palmer_mike_brown_bengals072611

And here is where Bengals owner Mike Brown’s unfortunate vision for the franchise comes into play. He isn’t looking forward, as in: How do I position my team, and my young quarterback for this and other seasons to come?

No, Mike Brown is looking backward, looking at the 2005 contract extension that Palmer signed to keep him in Cincinnati through the 2014 season. Brown calls that a “commitment.” And since Palmer isn’t living up to his part, Brown isn’t going to let him out by trading him for the players and/or draft picks that can help the Bengals and Andy Dalton.