Bengals - Will they Shock Us?

If there were ever a time for the Bengals to make a splah in free agency, this is it. Their off season has been horrible. Fans are abandoning ship faster than I can ever recall. I don't think they will sell out a single home game except Pittsburgh, maybe Cleveland. They need to take some drastic action to turn the tide of public opinion. They are well under the cap. Some top notch free agents are going to hit the market. Is it possible they will jump out into the market for something serious? What move(s) could the Bengals make to win back some fans?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nhamdi Asomugha would be a nice start, but that won't happen. I don't think there is a real big splash guy out there for them, they'd have to do it in pieces. If I had to spend alot I'd look for some linemen, and I'd take a chance on Deangelo Williams or Ahmad Bradshaw if they don't re-sign, and Sydney Rice. Force Palmer to retire, get rid of Chad (who has always been my favorite Bengal), sign Benson cheap or let him go.

If the RBs and/or Rice do not work out, I think the new cutting player system is still team friendly.

If I were the Bengals, I would be looking to grab a name free agent who would make the fans say ... Really? The Bengals signed him?

Michael Bush is a name that might fit the bill there. If I were the Bengals I would be watching this waiver wire and be ready to jump. Pick up two or three high level free agents and try to create some buzz.

I believe that the Bengals had the best draft out of anyone this year. Should they pick up anyone on this free agent draft then they should be in a even better position and have reason to be optomistic.

Then again we are talking about the Bengals (the worst ran organization in the NFL) so they will do something to screw things up.

Nhamdi Asomugha would be a nice start, but that won't happen. I don't think there is a real big splash guy out there for them, they'd have to do it in pieces. If I had to spend alot I'd look for some linemen, and I'd take a chance on Deangelo Williams or Ahmad Bradshaw if they don't re-sign, and Sydney Rice. Force Palmer to retire, get rid of Chad (who has always been my favorite Bengal), sign Benson cheap or let him go.

If the RBs and/or Rice do not work out, I think the new cutting player system is still team friendly.

They don't need Nhamdi resign JJ and they are fine at CB.

I believe that the Bengals had the best draft out of anyone this year. Should they pick up anyone on this free agent draft then they should be in a even better position and have reason to be optomistic.

Then again we are talking about the Bengals (the worst ran organization in the NFL) so they will do something to screw things up.

How many teams have ever drafted a WR in the top 5 and won a SB with him? Drafting a WR that ealry is a typical Brown move. It's splashy, but it rarely improves a team. People know the name and get excited, but it really doesn't help improve the team or organization.

If I were the Bengals, I would be looking to grab a name free agent who would make the fans say ... Really? The Bengals signed him?

Michael Bush is a name that might fit the bill there. If I were the Bengals I would be watching this waiver wire and be ready to jump. Pick up two or three high level free agents and try to create some buzz.

He is a RFA - 1st Rounder - That's probably not going to happen.

He is a RFA - 1st Rounder - That's probably not going to happen.

I heard on the radio this morning that the Saints are likely to cut him. If they cut him, then the RFA restrictions don't apply, right?

Based on what I am hearing and reading, there may be quite a few name players that are just gonig to be cut by their teams due to the new agreement.