Bengals - Will they Shock Us?

Consider me shocked...ok, not really....it's being reported Joseph signed with the Texans

With the bungles being 35 million under the cap(I know it may not be that much, but it's in the ballpark), they can't even sign what should have been their number 1 target

That's not good. Under the new agreement, do the Bengals get a chance to match, get compensation, ??

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider me shocked...ok, not really....it's being reported Joseph signed with the Texans

With the bungles being 35 million under the cap(I know it may not be that much, but it's in the ballpark), they can't even sign what should have been their number 1 target

You gotta be kidding me? He even wanted to stay here. What a joke.

Here is what Brown and Craft have in common when it comes to football. They both own a team. Mankins didn't threaten to retire. He threatened to sit out until the last possible second because he got screwed by the owners of every team. If you compare anything Craft does to Brown you look foolish.

I guarntee you that some of you some people, would be saying that Mike Brown is an idiot if he had a player sitting out the first 6 games of the year and was saying he wouldn't give him a contract extension or trade him. Mankins wanted a long term deal, or to be traded so he could get that long term deal. If they Pats were not willing to give it to him, which they still haven't, then why shouldn't they have just traded him and got something for him? I mean that is basically what your saying about the Palmer situation. You can't tell me a guy sitting out the first 6 games of the year, and then finally deciding to come back is a good thing for an organization. You all would have been all over Mike Brown if he did the samething. It would have either been stop being cheap Mike Brown and sign the guy long term, or get something for him. I mean yes Mike Brown has brought it upon himself for why people will doubt his every move. However other owners, including Kraft who was brought up here has done the samethings before. The only difference is the Pats are a winning franchise, so any move by them gets considered to be a good move. While the Bengals could do a move like that, and get torn up for doing it.

Did Mankins get what he wanted? Or did Kraft win that one? The team owners will always have the leverage, always. Let's assume that Mankins did threaten to retire. Would Kraft let him retire or trade him? I think he would have let him retire. These egocentric owners do not like to be bullied. It's a no win for the player.

He didn't want to leave he wanted paid. Big difference. How many guys have demanded out of NE or talked bad about Kraft or the coaches stayed?

He did ask for a trade if the Pats were not going to give him the long term deal. That is why he tried to sit out the first 6 games, hoping the Pats would give in and trade him so he could get that long term deal. It was a power play by the player to try to get a long term deal, or to get traded so he could get that long term deal. However just like Mike Brown, Kraft didn't give in to his demand. He didn't trade him, and still did not give him his long term deal. So this owner you have talked about, has done the same thing as Mike Brown and didn't give in. Only difference is that Kraft does have a winning organization, so even though he would do the same kind of move he doesn't get torn up for it.

Does Brown know that he has to spend a huge amount of money really soon?

Good question. I would guess they will overspend on Benson and Joseph to eat up some of it. Should be interesting to see what other hacks they will overpay just to get to the cap.

Obviously trying to get Joseph and Benson like you said. Then Brandon Johnson too, and I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to give Simpson a contract extension now because this is his last year of his deal. Give him an extension now, this way if he does have a big year they don't have to give him a huge contract to keep him.

Where are you seeing this?....Schefter hasn't said anything, neither has profootballtalk, or espn. They're saying the Texans are in the lead for Nnamdi

I didn't see anything and I looked. I was just going off what he said.

Grapevine "rumor", quote was "source has been right on everything else this week"

We will have to wait and see.

He did ask for a trade if the Pats were not going to give him the long term deal. That is why he tried to sit out the first 6 games, hoping the Pats would give in and trade him so he could get that long term deal. It was a power play by the player to try to get a long term deal, or to get traded so he could get that long term deal. However just like Mike Brown, Kraft didn't give in to his demand. He didn't trade him, and still did not give him his long term deal. So this owner you have talked about, has done the same thing as Mike Brown and didn't give in. Only difference is that Kraft does have a winning organization, so even though he would do the same kind of move he doesn't get torn up for it.

:thumb:

He only asked to be traded after they took advantage of the new rules. He wanted to stay there. That's why he's still there now. He was told after the 08 season they would address his contract and it never happened. He never, ever threatened to quit playing football forver if he wasn't traded. Do you not see any difference?

I guarntee you that some of you some people, would be saying that Mike Brown is an idiot if he had a player sitting out the first 6 games of the year and was saying he wouldn't give him a contract extension or trade him. Mankins wanted a long term deal, or to be traded so he could get that long term deal. If they Pats were not willing to give it to him, which they still haven't, then why shouldn't they have just traded him and got something for him? I mean that is basically what your saying about the Palmer situation. You can't tell me a guy sitting out the first 6 games of the year, and then finally deciding to come back is a good thing for an organization. You all would have been all over Mike Brown if he did the samething. It would have either been stop being cheap Mike Brown and sign the guy long term, or get something for him. I mean yes Mike Brown has brought it upon himself for why people will doubt his every move. However other owners, including Kraft who was brought up here has done the samethings before. The only difference is the Pats are a winning franchise, so any move by them gets considered to be a good move. While the Bengals could do a move like that, and get torn up for doing it.

I guarantee you Mike Brown is an idiot when it comes to building a winning organization. Keep sticking up for him though. He is devaluing his most coveted trade piece. Kolb is going to fetch a starting CB and a 2nd round pick. This was a sellers market for QB's. Also you're right. Brown usually only makes dumb decisions and Kraft usually only makes good ones. I guarantee you this is a dumb one. Why? Because he always does dumb things...ie...drafting Akili Smith rather than taking the huge Saints offer, refusing to trade a declining 85 for 2 first round picks because he was forcing him to stay, now forcing CP to retire. He's an idiot and supporting his decisions is a terrible idea. Especially when the idea is forcing an aging player not nearly as good as he was to retire rather than trade him. If CP sits out and doesn't make a power move by returning in week 6 and Brown never trades him, which he's said he won't ever, you're going to regret backing him by hoping he will come back or be traded. I believe Brown is too dumb and too stubborn to deal him.

I guarantee you Mike Brown is an idiot when it comes to building a winning organization. Keep sticking up for him though. He is devaluing his most coveted trade piece. Kolb is going to fetch a starting CB and a 2nd round pick. This was a sellers market for QB's. Also you're right. Brown usually only makes dumb decisions and Kraft usually only makes good ones. I guarantee you this is a dumb one. Why? Because he always does dumb things...ie...drafting Akili Smith rather than taking the huge Saints offer, refusing to trade a declining 85 for 2 first round picks because he was forcing him to stay, now forcing CP to retire. He's an idiot and supporting his decisions is a terrible idea. Especially when the idea is forcing an aging player not nearly as good as he was to retire rather than trade him. If CP sits out and doesn't make a power move by returning in week 6 and Brown never trades him, which he's said he won't ever, you're going to regret backing him by hoping he will come back or be traded. I believe Brown is too dumb and too stubborn to deal him.

The only way I trade Palmer is if I get a veteran QB in return who is my opening day starter, no questions asked. I just am not willing to sacrifice this season, even if it means I get a little less in trade for Palmer this coming off season.

The only way I trade Palmer is if I get a veteran QB in return who is my opening day starter, no questions asked. I just am not willing to sacrifice this season, even if it means I get a little less in trade for Palmer this coming off season.

What if he sits? Marvin Lewis went out twice to see him and every player that's talked to him said there is no way he'll come back to the Bengals.

Anyone supporting this decision is doing so under the idea that Brown will trade him next offseason right?

What if he sits? Marvin Lewis went out twice to see him and every player that's talked to him said there is no way he'll come back to the Bengals.

Anyone supporting this decision is doing so under the idea that Brown will trade him next offseason right?

If Dalton proves he can handle the job. If not, I keep Palmer till I have a viable option or get an offer I can't refuse.