Bengals - Will they Shock Us?

Bryant got around 8 MM guaranteed and never played in one game. I believe Mike Brown did fulfill his commitment. Whoever signed off on Bryant's physical must of finished last in his medical school class. I honestly believe if this was the Patriots owner Bob Kraft refusing to trade a high profile player that the fans would support him 110%. Mike Brown couldn't be more right in his decision. WHO DEY!!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bryant got around 8 MM guaranteed and never played in one game. I believe Mike Brown did fulfill his commitment. Whoever signed off on Bryant's physical must of finished last in his medical school class. I honestly believe if this was the Patriots owner Bob Kraft refusing to trade a high profile player that the fans would support him 110%. Mike Brown couldn't be more right in his decision. WHO DEY!!

:thumb:

Did Bryant sign a 1 year deal?

You think Bob Kraft would drive down the value of a tradeable asset by being stubborn? He's shown he's willing to trade stars that become a problem so that is so far off it's funny.

SSC, are you really going to tell me you don't have lots of disdain for Mike Brown and that fact alone makes you disagree with any decision he makes? Let's assume you own an NFL franchise, would you trade any player that claimed he would either retire or demanded a trade? That's not how things work in the NFL. CP needs to grow some and suck it up. The guy needs to man up big time. If I was Mike Brown, I would send him a case of Pampers.

SSC, are you really going to tell me you don't have lots of disdain for Mike Brown and that fact alone makes you disagree with any decision he makes? Let's assume you own an NFL franchise, would you trade any player that claimed he would either retire or demanded a trade? That's not how things work in the NFL. CP needs to grow some and suck it up. The guy needs to man up big time. If I was Mike Brown, I would send him a case of Pampers.

Yes, I will tell you that. Although I will say that if I disagree with Mike Brown moves I'll be right 90% of the time. Isn't there at least a small chance Palmer isn't that good anymore? Wouldn't it be best to get value from him when the perception around the league is that he is good? When Washington offered 2 first round picks for a declining 85 shouldn't Brown have jumped on it?

Yes I would trade guys or cut guys that cause the problems he's capable of causing. Can Palmer just report right before the season making it a huge distraction and hurting Dalton's growth all while forcing the Bengals to trade him, cut him or cut others worth $11M to get under the cap? Also, good luck getting good free agents to come here when you have roughty $55M to spend to get to the floor of the cap this year when they see the way you treat good players.

I said I would stay out of it, but I can't. He isn't coming back and the Bengals supposedly like Dalton and he has the "it" factor. You need to sell high and CP had his most value that they could have ever got from him this year. Brown won't move him. He's too stubborn. They could have gotten a pick for him, but Brown wants to win this "battle". Great. He wins. The players, fans and organization lose.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-wetzel_carson_palmer_mike_brown_bengals072611

And here is where Bengals owner Mike Brown’s unfortunate vision for the franchise comes into play. He isn’t looking forward, as in: How do I position my team, and my young quarterback for this and other seasons to come?

No, Mike Brown is looking backward, looking at the 2005 contract extension that Palmer signed to keep him in Cincinnati through the 2014 season. Brown calls that a “commitment.” And since Palmer isn’t living up to his part, Brown isn’t going to let him out by trading him for the players and/or draft picks that can help the Bengals and Andy Dalton.

The bolded has been true ever since Mike Brown took over.

The bolded has been true ever since Mike Brown took over.

Which is why I'm completely amazed fans are supporting this decision when just about every national writer or radio personality is drilling him relentlessly. I'm guessing he's wrong like he always is.

Which is why I'm completely amazed fans are supporting this decision when just about every national writer or radio personality is drilling him relentlessly. I'm guessing he's wrong like he always is.

Agreed. The "I'll show him" mentality will help the Bengals win zero ball games when a trade for a couple of more players could help.

Agreed. The "I'll show him" mentality will help the Bengals win zero ball games when a trade for a couple of more players could help.

Totally agree. And the fact remains (as much as I defended CP last year) he hasn't been good since injuring his arm. I think he could be better than he was last year, but maybe he isn't. Getting something for him now and not having to pay him an astronomical amount while paying a rookie you love a lot less is a good move all around.

If Carson shows up in week 1 or 4 or sometime this season, then this decision by Mikey will have a huge impact on winning this year. Nothing could have more impact on the Bengals chances of winning this year than having your veteran QB who has worked with these players for several years get back on the field. I think the main reason you don't give in is because winning this year is critical. Stand firm, hope CP has a change of mind (like virtually every player in NFL history has) and if not, then you re-evaluate things at the end of the season.

If Carson shows up in week 1 or 4 or sometime this season, then this decision by Mikey will have a huge impact on winning this year. Nothing could have more impact on the Bengals chances of winning this year than having your veteran QB who has worked with these players for several years get back on the field. I think the main reason you don't give in is because winning this year is critical. Stand firm, hope CP has a change of mind (like virtually every player in NFL history has) and if not, then you re-evaluate things at the end of the season.

That I could live with. I just think they've both drawn a line in the sand and Brown would never trade him.

Yes, I will tell you that. Although I will say that if I disagree with Mike Brown moves I'll be right 90% of the time. Isn't there at least a small chance Palmer isn't that good anymore? Wouldn't it be best to get value from him when the perception around the league is that he is good? When Washington offered 2 first round picks for a declining 85 shouldn't Brown have jumped on it?

Yes I would trade guys or cut guys that cause the problems he's capable of causing. Can Palmer just report right before the season making it a huge distraction and hurting Dalton's growth all while forcing the Bengals to trade him, cut him or cut others worth $11M to get under the cap? Also, good luck getting good free agents to come here when you have roughty $55M to spend to get to the floor of the cap this year when they see the way you treat good players.

So Palmer and players like him are victims?

I'm a longtime season ticket holder who nearly always disagrees with Mike Brown's decisions. On this issue, I like this decision. If Brown caves here, there will be a pattern of players playing the trade me or I'll retire card. We don't even know what he's been offered. If this was Chad making this comment, everyone would be coming down on the egotistical self-centered, diva, but somehow Carson gets a pass. Carson signed that huge contract, now needs to live up to his end of it, or RETIRE.