Carson Has Asked to be Traded... (Mike Brown says no trade)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF(big IF right now) there is a draft in the spring it will be interesting to see how this situation with CP effects the Bengals picks.

I wonder if Mike and Marvin will pay a visit to CP before the draft. I would think they would have to do something. They can't just sit and hope he comes back. I know, I know..this is Mike Brown we're talking about, but Marvin surely would speak up and get something working.

I don't care how bad Carson says he wants out and how well set he says he is if he stays and plays football through the end of his contract he will get another $50m over the next 4 years. Now who in their right mind would turn down the chance to earn that kind of money for 4 years?

I don't care how bad Carson says he wants out and how well set he says he is if he stays and plays football through the end of his contract he will get another $50m over the next 4 years. Now who in their right mind would turn down the chance to earn that kind of money for 4 years?

Someone who is intelligent, and didn't blow the over $100+ million dollars they've already made in their career. Someone who is beyond frustrated with the incompetency of the organization's front office. Someone who's family misses the West Coast.

Any of those 3 would be legit sound reasoning. The fact that Palmer has all 3, means he's got quite a bit of incentive and reason to walk away.

Someone who is intelligent, and didn't blow the over $100+ million dollars they've already made in their career. Someone who is beyond frustrated with the incompetency of the organization's front office. Someone who's family misses the West Coast.

Any of those 3 would be legit sound reasoning. The fact that Palmer has all 3, means he's got quite a bit of incentive and reason to walk away.

From Carson's view, the organization has done what he has wanted and asked- signing TO, signing R. Kelly, drafting TE and WR's; it is the city he is fed up with and their treatment of him and his family; that is why he called Brat to ensure he was not part of his departure.

You may be right but $50m is still $50m and a whole lot of money to leave on the table if someone is willing to give it to you.

You may be right but $50m is still $50m and a whole lot of money to leave on the table if someone is willing to give it to you.

He asked to be released if they won't trade him. Even if he is traded the new team will try to renegotiate the deal. He seems willing to leave money on the table. He's also the first person to "bluff" and be "called" on it to Brown that has this much power. He's re raising. Artrell Hawkins said on twitter today that he's talked to former teammates and CP is gone no matter what. As someone else said the call to Brat was telling.

If Palmer continues to say he will retire or he doesn't come to any team activities when they start back up Brown would almost have to trade him because even if all he gets is a 3rd round pick it's better than nothing. I would think they could get a pick that gets better if he does well or plays a certain % of plays since they probably can't get a pick in this years draft.

Quality of life, inept organization, current harrassment from loser so called fans, already rich, fed up, oh did I say already rich? These are all legit reasons for him to just retire. There is more to life than playing on a crappy team in a crappy city with crappy weather. Im sure he misses the tasty waves and cool buzz that Southern Cal has to offer.

Lets face it Dan LaFevuer will be the Bengals starting QB. lol

He's made about 56m, not 100+. Still should have netted half so he's set for life. If he finishes out his contract he would be at 100m+.