Carson Has Asked to be Traded... (Mike Brown says no trade)

Really? Are you telling me that if you have a dollar in your hand, you're going to go through hell to make another 50 cents?

While I can see your point, I wouldn't consider playing football (even for the Bengals) "going through hell" lol.

With that said, if he has $40 or $50 million saved and he wants to retire, who can blame him.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Are you telling me that if you have a dollar in your hand, you're going to go through hell to make another 50 cents?

Are you comparing playing in the NFL with the Bengals to going through hell? Not hardly. Anyone on this site would give anything to be able to earn that kind of money if given the opportunity. You might even walk through hell to do so.

Quality of life, inept organization, current harrassment from loser so called fans, already rich, fed up, oh did I say already rich? These are all legit reasons for him to just retire. There is more to life than playing on a crappy team in a crappy city with crappy weather. Im sure he misses the tasty waves and cool buzz that Southern Cal has to offer.

Lets face it Dan LaFevuer will be the Bengals starting QB. lol

You have got to be kidding me. Those are legit reasons to retire? Tell that to the poor smucks that have been shelling out a large portion of their weekly paychecks to root for Carson and the Bengals only to go home disappointed at the end of the day by their performances.

Someone who is intelligent, and didn't blow the over $100+ million dollars they've already made in their career. Someone who is beyond frustrated with the incompetency of the organization's front office. Someone who's family misses the West Coast.

Any of those 3 would be legit sound reasoning. The fact that Palmer has all 3, means he's got quite a bit of incentive and reason to walk away.

I agree. All 3 of those things are reasons why he would retire. I think the family thing plays the biggest part in it though. He just had another kid, and I bet his wife probably told him she does not want to be here anymore. So one way or another she is moving, and so if he has to he will retire to be with his family. I do think he wants to play still, if he didn't he would just flat out retire. However I do think that family issue might be the biggest reason.

You have got to be kidding me. Those are legit reasons to retire? Tell that to the poor smucks that have been shelling out a large portion of their weekly paychecks to root for Carson and the Bengals only to go home disappointed at the end of the day by their performances.

It would be when a lot of those things, probably has his wife wanting out of here too.

^ I think she is from Cali and her family lives there and he has Plenty of money saved up. I just can't see him turning down $40-50 mil.

He's not. I really don't think Brown will let him walk without getting a pick or picks. Even if it's not until week 4 or later of next year they will be forced to trade him or get nothing in return for him. If they refuse to move a guy willing to retire rather than playing they're even dumber than I thought. It looks like the draft will be before a deal is reached so CP will have all the power all the time here unless Brown is so stubborn that he forces him to retire. If he does that they both lose, but Palmer will be fine finacially. I honestly feel CP and his agent have thought this out.

Are you comparing playing in the NFL with the Bengals to going through hell? Not hardly. Anyone on this site would give anything to be able to earn that kind of money if given the opportunity. You might even walk through hell to do so.

Anybody on this site would do that because they aren't in the position CP is in. Had they experienced what he has during his NFL career, they might think differently.

He's not. I really don't think Brown will let him walk without getting a pick or picks. Even if it's not until week 4 or later of next year they will be forced to trade him or get nothing in return for him. If they refuse to move a guy willing to retire rather than playing they're even dumber than I thought. It looks like the draft will be before a deal is reached so CP will have all the power all the time here unless Brown is so stubborn that he forces him to retire. If he does that they both lose, but Palmer will be fine finacially. I honestly feel CP and his agent have thought this out.

I'm going to disagree with your attempt to paint Mike Brown as a logical thinker. He's shown repeatedly over the years that he is stubborn and stupid enough to do just such a thing as let him retire, if for no other reason than the fact that it satisfies his warped sense of principle.

I'm going to disagree with your attempt to paint Mike Brown as a logical thinker. He's shown repeatedly over the years that he is stubborn and stupid enough to do just such a thing as let him retire, if for no other reason than the fact that it satisfies his warped sense of principle.

Probably, but nobody has put Brown in the spot Palmer can. Chad, Dillon and Pickens weren't going to retire or even act like it. Palmer might and that's the first real power move anyone will have made.

No one can be trade till the new CBA is finished so trading him for draft picks is this off season is probably out of the question. Their hands are tied at this point.

It's better for Palmer if there is a lockout or at the very least no deal reached before the draft. If Brown drafts a QB Palmer can come back and stick Brown with two overpaid qb's. If he doesn't draft one Palmer can just not report and put Brown in a spot where it only makes sense to move him.