Carson Has Asked to be Traded... (Mike Brown says no trade)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Palmer is moved there's about a 90% chance or higher it's for picks in the 2012 draft. People need to quit worrying about potential teams draft order this year.

Clyde I totally agree. Newton is a nightmare pick, but Brown will make that pick all so he has leverage over Plamer.

CCC, mali and other CP bashers. These guys think Palmer would greatly improve these teams chances at winning the SB:

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/blog?name=millman_chad&id=6112053

It's an insider blog, but for anyone with insider it's a good read

I'm pretty sure it was a done deal with him wanting out soon after the low class so-called fans started throwing trash and other crap at his house. His wife left well before the end of the season with the family and headed back to California in disgust, people don't think this is a HUGE reason? Any thoughts of maybe Palmer's less than seller performance this year may be in part due to this and that his family had to move back west to get away from it?

Maybe a bachelor would stay, but it's hard to stay in an area that could end up being a dangerous situation for his family, one day it's trash in the yard, what's next? He has to think not only of himself, but his wife and family. As was mentioned before, he bought a lot in So Cali and is starting to build a new home on it. This was in the works for awhile, and why he said it wasn't because of Brat and because of the atmosphere.

The sad thing about it is it's was more than likely one fan, or a few fans that knew each other. So, if we are not happy with an athlete is it okay to just start going to their home and harass them and throw crap at the house?

I can see this as being a very good reason to leave about 50 million on the table.

I'm pretty sure it was a done deal with him wanting out soon after the low class so-called fans started throwing trash and other crap at his house. His wife left well before the end of the season with the family and headed back to California in disgust, people don't think this is a HUGE reason? Any thoughts of maybe Palmer's less than seller performance this year may be in part due to this and that his family had to move back west to get away from it?

Maybe a bachelor would stay, but it's hard to stay in an area that could end up being a dangerous situation for his family, one day it's trash in the yard, what's next? He has to think not only of himself, but his wife and family. As was mentioned before, he bought a lot in So Cali and is starting to build a new home on it. This was in the works for awhile, and why he said it wasn't because of Brat and because of the atmosphere.

The sad thing about it is it's was more than likely one fan, or a few fans that knew each other. So, if we are not happy with an athlete is it okay to just start going to their home and harass them and throw crap at the house?

I can see this as being a very good reason to leave about 50 million on the table.

It's not about the money; 31 year-old athletes want to compete and prove they can still perform their job at a high level; he did not threaten Mike Brown with retirement and it is the least of all the possibilities for his future.

I try not to get to caught up in the Kolb talk. For me this all seems like the Bengals are repeating history from back when Boomer was playing. Fans started to grow uphappy with Boomer, and then Boomer asked for a trade. The Bengals end up drafting David Klinger from Houston to be his replacement, and well that led to the dark days of the 90's and early 2000's

Well here we are again, with a QB that has actually atleast got us to the playoffs, and kept us competitive in most years. Yet people are now wanting him gone. Who is the main person people want the Bengals to get? That would be Kolb, and where did he play? That would be Houston. Before people tell me well it is different with Kolb, can you tell me how big of a difference is it? Don't tell me because Kolb has had a couple of good games in the NFL. So people think he will automatically do well. I mean he does play in an offense at Philly, that every QB has done well playing in. McNabb did great in it, and looked bad now when he is not in it. Other backup QB's through the years under Andy Reid have looked good when they have played. From Jeff Garcia, to a guy who I can't think of his name. However he looked so good during a few games that he played in when McNabb was hurt. That Miami traded for him in that offseason, and he didn't do anything after that.

I am not saying Kolb won't be a good QB. However people seem to think he will be, just based on a few games. Yet they don't think about how every QB has looked good under Andy Reid while there.

So you don't want Kolb simply because he went to Houston?

If Palmer is moved there's about a 90% chance or higher it's for picks in the 2012 draft. People need to quit worrying about potential teams draft order this year.

Clyde I totally agree. Newton is a nightmare pick, but Brown will make that pick all so he has leverage over Plamer.

CCC, mali and other CP bashers. These guys think Palmer would greatly improve these teams chances at winning the SB:

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/blog?name=millman_chad&id=6112053

It's an insider blog, but for anyone with insider it's a good read

I would be willing to put my BGP membership on the line that where ever Palmer plays next year he will not win or even get to the Super Bowl, unless he's a backup somewhere like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England, etc.

So you don't want Kolb simply because he went to Houston?

I would be willing to put my BGP membership on the line that where ever Palmer plays next year he will not win or even get to the Super Bowl, unless he's a backup somewhere like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, New England, etc.

I just wish the bet would be, that when Palmer sucks somewhere else, all of the apologists just shut up. If he shines somewhere else, I will happily admit I was wrong and move on. I don't think I have too much to worry about though:lol:

It's not about the money; 31 year-old athletes want to compete and prove they can still perform their job at a high level; he did not threaten Mike Brown with retirement and it is the least of all the possibilities for his future.
Thanks what I said, and that their are more important things than money, such as his family ;)

I just wish the bet would be, that when Palmer sucks somewhere else, all of the apologists just shut up. If he shines somewhere else, I will happily admit I was wrong and move on. I don't think I have too much to worry about though:lol:

It will depend on the team around him, just like all QB's that have the talent to be starters in the NFL.