Carson Has Asked to be Traded... (Mike Brown says no trade)

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If no trades are going to happen, who's rooting for retirement? :D

Yeah lets go back to how we were in the 90's. Now that would be exciting wouldn't it! :D

I mean that is what happened the last time this city started to turn on a QB who was successful here in Boomer. We got a top young QB out of college named Klinger, and he really tore it up didn't he. He was followed by another top QB we taken in the draft by a guy named Akili Smith, and lets not even talk about some of the top free agent QB's Mike Brown has brought in through the years. No QB's would want to be here, and Mike Brown has a bad history of drafting QB's. Yet we want to get rid of the guy who has led us to our ONLY winning seasons in the last like 20 years, and expect this franchise to find someone better than him? Wow. He may not be an elite QB, but we are not going to do better than him. He is a guy who they can win with, and does know how to win games against teams in our division. Which has two top 5 defenses we see 4 times a year.

I know I don't want to go back to the dark ages, and for the life of me I can't figure out why some of you think we would get someone in here better than him. Especially considering that it looks like that QB would have to play under Brakowski too. People just need to face it, that Palmer is our best chance still at winning. Without him, this team is in trouble and it will be very ugly every year again. Right now we can build for the future with young talented guys, but still be able to win too if he is here.

Yeah lets go back to how we were in the 90's. Now that would be exciting wouldn't it! :D

I mean that is what happened the last time this city started to turn on a QB who was successful here in Boomer. We got a top young QB out of college named Klinger, and he really tore it up didn't he. He was followed by another top QB we taken in the draft by a guy named Akili Smith, and lets not even talk about some of the top free agent QB's Mike Brown has brought in through the years. No QB's would want to be here, and Mike Brown has a bad history of drafting QB's. Yet we want to get rid of the guy who has led us to our ONLY winning seasons in the last like 20 years, and expect this franchise to find someone better than him? Wow. He may not be an elite QB, but we are not going to do better than him. He is a guy who they can win with, and does know how to win games against teams in our division. Which has two top 5 defenses we see 4 times a year.

I know I don't want to go back to the dark ages, and for the life of me I can't figure out why some of you think we would get someone in here better than him. Especially considering that it looks like that QB would have to play under Brakowski too. People just need to face it, that Palmer is our best chance still at winning. Without him, this team is in trouble and it will be very ugly every year again. Right now we can build for the future with young talented guys, but still be able to win too if he is here.

At least in the 90's we had a playoff victory.

At least in the 90's we had a playoff victory.

Before Mike Brown was the owner...Yet once we struggled some, who did people want to turn on it? It was Boomer, and that led us to all those horrible years. Yet here we are again, with peopel wanting to do the same thing. And for some strange reason trusting the Bengals Management to get someone in who would be better for them? Wow...

• 2 weeks later...

Some people have mentioned this on here. However maybe it really does have to deal with a family issue? I had read is his wife was not happy with a lot of the stuff that people have even said to hear, and how people have thrown trash in their yard. Which I will say that those people are absolute idiots, I don't care if you don't think someone is doing any good. You don't go doing anything to anyone else's proporties. There are really a lot of idiots out in this world. However I can see now this being one of the main problems, and how she does not want to have to raise her kids around this. It really does sound more and more like he really would retire if they don't trade him. So it kind of makes me wonder if she gave him a choice to make. That if he wanted to keep playing he needed to make sure he gets them out of Cincy, or just retire so they could leave anyways since they are set financially. Obviously I have no idea, and I am just guessing, but does make you think that maybe she has played a big part in it.