Carson Has Asked to be Traded... (Mike Brown says no trade)

Lets try to suck so bad that we will be lucky to get 100 people in the stands next year good plan. You talk about Mike Brown being cheap, but he would even know if he does what you say he will lose lots of money next year because that would be the final straw to get people not to come.

You talk about how this current team has maxed out and your right. It doesn't mean you blow the whole thing up though. They very easily could have gone with young guys next year, and still had a chance to be good with Palmer. You don't seem to get you can build for the future without having to blow it all up. No matter what they did need to draft a young QB in this draft, and play him if Palmer struggled. However this team with Palmer would be in a position to do well next year with those young guys, with the right changes. The key word is the right changes, which is probably whats not happening. Which even your boy Andrew Luck would struggle if Bratkowski was still here when Luck came.

People will still come and it's not like the attendance was great this year anyway.

Most teams can rebuild without completely starting over but I don't think Brown can. Say the Bengals went young and somehow slipped into the playoffs next year but Palmer is still not playing good. We both know he'd keep Palmer rather than go in another direction.

Also the Bengals do not have high character guys. That is one reason I say to blow the team up and start over. Get rid of all the head cases and CP. Start over with good guys on and off the field. You still have too much faith in your boy Carson Palmer IMO. He was awful this year and I see no good reason to think he's going to get better before next year. He may do it, but more than likely what we've seen is what CP has to offer.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why everybody is sleeping on Dan LeFevour. I would like to see the Bengals give him a shot next year, and if it doesn't work out then they will probably be in a solid position to get a QB in 2012.. i.e. Andrew Luck.

I agree if Palmer retires or gets traded, I feel like LeFevour has more potential than some may think. If LeFevour doesn't work out, they should draft a quarterback next year.

After winning 2 games next year and getting the #1 pick wouldn't Luck and his dad pull an Eli and Archie Manning on the Brown family or go back to school?

I can see the headlines ! Mike Brown hires a GM !!

Olive Luck has been hired as the new GM of the Cincinnati Bengals. His first act will be to draft his son as the QB of the Cincinnati Bengals.

In addition to Mike Brown's lack of a desire to trade CP you also have to add in the CBA situation.

He ain't getting traded.

I hope he sits then. The CBA situation has to be resolved no matter what.

People will still come and it's not like the attendance was great this year anyway.

Most teams can rebuild without completely starting over but I don't think Brown can. Say the Bengals went young and somehow slipped into the playoffs next year but Palmer is still not playing good. We both know he'd keep Palmer rather than go in another direction.

Also the Bengals do not have high character guys. That is one reason I say to blow the team up and start over. Get rid of all the head cases and CP. Start over with good guys on and off the field. You still have too much faith in your boy Carson Palmer IMO. He was awful this year and I see no good reason to think he's going to get better before next year. He may do it, but more than likely what we've seen is what CP has to offer.

People would not come next year IMO. Once again now your also counting on Mike Brown to be able to rebuild correctly after blowing the whole thing up. What happened the last time he blew it all up? Which was at the beginning of his ownership, we got the great 90's run we had. Mike Brown shown what happened when he blows the whole thing up. What happened the last time the fans wanted a successful QB that they could win games with in Boomer gone? Yeah we got ourselves a David Klinger, and all those other QB's we had and people were longing for the days of Boomer again. This franchise does not have a good track record of blowing things up, and starting over with a new QB. Yet for some reason you all think that is the answer? I am telling you if you know much about football, which I think you do. You just let your hatred for the Bengals blind you to the fact that Bratkowski is a big problem. That receivers not being in their right spots is a big problem. The Bengals do look like they are going away from some of those problems and going younger. They are in a position to go young, and still be in a position to win games with Palmer, while also drafting a young QB. We HAVE NO IDEA how Palmer will look in a different system, because this is the only system he has played in. We have seen how a system does play HUGE part in how a QB will do. Under Bratkowski your right, we have seen what Palmer will do. Palmer has seen that too, hence the wanting to be traded.

My question to you is as Hammertime pointed out. Palmer is coming off a 4 and 12 year, and his stats were not great. You don't see people like that usually try to demand a trade after that. So why would he? I think that shows that there is more to it, and probably not happy with how they do things offensively and knows to if things don't change his career is going no where. The offensive coordinator, and also receivers like Chad doing his own thing do play a role in his struggles. You would have thought he would have done this earlier if he wanted out. However I think it points to that he was waiting to see if changes would be made, and I am guessing he found out that there are not going to be changes made.

After winning 2 games next year and getting the #1 pick wouldn't Luck and his dad pull an Eli and Archie Manning on the Brown family or go back to school?

Now I could see that happening.

Ccc one of their good young guys could also be considered a head case. Do they keep young head cases?

I'd get rid of any troublemaker.

People would not come next year IMO. Once again now your also counting on Mike Brown to be able to rebuild correctly after blowing the whole thing up. What happened the last time he blew it all up? Which was at the beginning of his ownership, we got the great 90's run we had. Mike Brown shown what happened when he blows the whole thing up. What happened the last time the fans wanted a successful QB that they could win games with in Boomer gone? Yeah we got ourselves a David Klinger, and all those other QB's we had and people were longing for the days of Boomer again. This franchise does not have a good track record of blowing things up, and starting over with a new QB. Yet for some reason you all think that is the answer? I am telling you if you know much about football, which I think you do. You just let your hatred for the Bengals blind you to the fact that Bratkowski is a big problem. That receivers not being in their right spots is a big problem. The Bengals do look like they are going away from some of those problems and going younger. They are in a position to go young, and still be in a position to win games with Palmer, while also drafting a young QB. We HAVE NO IDEA how Palmer will look in a different system, because this is the only system he has played in. We have seen how a system does play HUGE part in how a QB will do. Under Bratkowski your right, we have seen what Palmer will do. Palmer has seen that too, hence the wanting to be traded.

My question to you is as Hammertime pointed out. Palmer is coming off a 4 and 12 year, and his stats were not great. You don't see people like that usually try to demand a trade after that. So why would he? I think that shows that there is more to it, and probably not happy with how they do things offensively and knows to if things don't change his career is going no where. The offensive coordinator, and also receivers like Chad doing his own thing do play a role in his struggles. You would have thought he would have done this earlier if he wanted out. However I think it points to that he was waiting to see if changes would be made, and I am guessing he found out that there are not going to be changes made.

Seems like an excuse from Palmer. No matter how bad Brat's playcalling is that has no bearing on Palmer throwing inaccurately IMO. I hope he goes somewhere else so there are no more excuses for or from him.

And why do you care what I think anyway? Just because I want the Bengals to blow it up and start over doesn't mean that that they will do that and it doesn't change how you view the situation.