Carson Has Asked to be Traded... (Mike Brown says no trade)

He didn't ask he's demanding a trade. All of the Bengals fans wanting this nust really like the kid from Mizzou or Mallett. I don't like them.

As far as Chad goes Marvin said yesterday he is under contract and Brown would not cut him. The next day Palmer calls Mort and says he's demanding a trade. Maybe Palmer doesn't want Chad and thought some changes would be made. Again I say good for Palmer.

Well considering Mike Brown has never really traded any of his players when they have demanded to get out, I doubt he trades Palmer. I really do think it has to do with some of the things we said, maybe he found out Chad will be back, or Bratkowski, or both. As a player its not like he has any control over what the Bengals will do. So the best way for him to take a stance to try to get them to make changes, is by demanding a trade and saying he won't play. So its either make those changes, or he wants out.

Before anyone says anything, obviously I don't know for sure, nobody does. However that is just what I think is the reason him demanding a trade, because its his stance to try to make the Bengals have to make those changes.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't blame him one bit for wanting out but I do find it funny that a guys who didn't have a very good year is demanding a trade.

That is why I think it really has to do with him trying to take a stance to try to get the Bengals to make some changes on offense. He seemed to be really happy and excited about playing with the younger guys at the end of the year. So this really does not make much sense, unless IMO he is trying to force Mike Brown to make a change.

That might be it too. However the shots Marvin has taken at Chad lately, I wouldn't think that Chad would have been back. I didn't hear it when they said it on sportscenter, but the person who told me said Carson was wanting to be in a west coast system. So this may be to make sure that the Bengals do make some changes on the offensive side of the ball and not keep Brat. This will be interesting now to see all what happens.

He didn't ask for a West Coast system. He wants in the NFC West. Good idea out of him.

Wow I did not see this coming. My guess is that it looks like the Bengals are going to keep Bob Bratkowski...
That is what I am hearing! That tells you something when your QB of so many years is now demanding to leave, he is tired of it! Tired of Brown not wanting to win, and tired of them wanting to keep Brat! Also remember that is was CP who told Brown and Lewis to get TO, I would bet anything it's the Brat system and possibly Brown not going for a new head coach.

I know CP hasn't been the same since his injury a few years back, but I don't understand how someone would be happy he wants to leave, it just shows how horrible the organization is, and if you think Brown is going to change, you're in for a surprise, heck, it shouldn't even be a surprise as we had 20 years of this garbage, and he actually thinks what he is doing is the right way. CP wanting out is not a good sign.

Are the Bengals more likely to ask for footballs or water coolers in return?

I'd bet any amount of money SF, Seattle, and Arizona are willing to at least give up a 2nd rounder. My guess is it will take a 1st rounder to get him.

I'd bet any amount of money SF, Seattle, and Arizona are willing to at least give up a 2nd rounder. My guess is it will take a 1st rounder to get him.

I think this is a great year to request a trade. Even on a down year like he's had there are plenty of teams that are really hurting at the qb position.

That is what I am hearing! That tells you something when your QB of so many years is now demanding to leave, he is tired of it! Tired of Brown not wanting to win, and tired of them wanting to keep Brat!

I know CP hasn't been the same since his injury a few years back, but I don't understand how someone would be happy he wants to leave, it just shows how horrible the organization is, and if you think Brown is going to change, you're in for a surprise, heck, it shouldn't even be a surprise as we had 20 years of this garbage, and he actually thinks what he is doing is the right way. CP wanting out is not a good sign.

Great post. People are only thinking of the new QB. Now what it signifies. Palmer waited to see if any changes were made. None were. Lewis, Brat, and 85 are all coming back. Joke doesn't even describe this organization.

I think this is a great year to request a trade. Even on a down year like he's had there are plenty of teams that are really hurting at the qb position.

And there is a very winnable division. SF and Arizona in particular think they can win the NFC with their rosters if they had better QB's. I'm not sure he's that good anyomore, but don't you think if you could get him in a room he could sell you that his trouble was Brown, Lewis, and Brat?

If the Bengals are holding out for a first rounder, there will be no deal

They aren't smart enough to make the deal so let's not judge Palmer if he's not dealt. They passed up an entire draft to draft Akili Smith and mulitple 1st rounders and 3rd rounders for the idiot 85.