Randall Cobb to Enter Draft

Clyde

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if he's doing the not hiring an agent route. I may be wrong but I would think his draft stock would be hire after next season.

While Saturday is the last day an underclassman can put his name up for the draft, he then has 72 hours to change his mind. The NFL will announce the early entry candidates next Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/13/1597498/cobb-to-announce-decision-thursday.html#ixzz1AwJbZe2W

Good decision by Cobb. Great player & one of my favorites to ever don a Kentucky uniform.

I'm interested to see how his talents/skills translate to the NFL level. He has performed well at a high level, but he doesn't have the size nor speed that NFL franchises covet.

He will most likely be a possession reciever at the slot position with players like Wes Welker and T.J. Housmanzadeh. He isn't the fastest or the biggest player in the world but he plays at a very fast pace in pads in games which won't show up in his 40-yard dash. His quickness will also serve him well, especially as a possession WR so we will see how things turn out for him.

He will most likely be a possession reciever at the slot position with players like Wes Welker and T.J. Housmanzadeh. He isn't the fastest or the biggest player in the world but he plays at a very fast pace in pads in games which won't show up in his 40-yard dash. His quickness will also serve him well, especially as a possession WR so we will see how things turn out for him.

Cobb mentioned Welker in his press conference. They have similar body types (Cobb is 5'11'' 186 & Welker is 5'9'' 185). Houshmanzadeh is much bigger at 6'2'' 203.

I agree that Cobb will be a possession type guy at the slot WR. I think he can do well in the right offense. But what sets him apart from other WR's that appeals to NFL teams? Welker & TJ have both had very solid NFL careers, but neither were highly touted out of college. Welker went undrafted & Houshmanzadeh was a 7th round pick.

I think Cobb's competitiveness and physical play while both running, catching and blocking remind me the most of Hinds Ward...let's hope he has half of the success as Ward.

I have the same impression about Ward and also the same wish for his success.

Cobb is my all-time favorite Wildcat for football or basketball. He is the definition of a player who lays it all on the line in a game IMO. I hate to see him go, but I hope he excels in the pro game. I hope he can land in a spot like New England, New Orleans or Indy so a team will really be able to use his talents to the fullest extent.