Kentucky 78 Louisville 63

AHSPanther23

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Brandon Knight may not be as quick as Wall, but his ability to hit 20-25 foot jump shots makes him more of a threat than Wall was. IMO :)

I think Knight is a good player but he is not at Wall's level IMO. Knight can only dominate a game when he scores points. Wall could control an entire game and have single digit in points. Every player on the floor for UK last year was better when Wall had the ball in his hands. The same can only be said for Knight when he is hitting shots. Knight's game revolves around him putting the ball in the basket. If he does not shoot well he does not play well.

Kentucky was far superior to Louisville today in nearly every facet of the game.

My only complaint was that the Cats didn't deny Knowles the ball. In the early 2nd half, it was clear that Knowles was hot & he was their only offense.

Louisville missed Buckles.

Why did UL continue to double team the low post & leave the weak side WIDE open? Josh Harrellson didn't have anyone within 3 feet for half of the game. Credit UK's low post passing & Harrellson for taking advantage of it.

I thought Darius Miller came out & played aggressively.

Great day to be a Cats fan.

:dancingpa

What a complete "team" game the Cats played today! UK ran when they had it and most importantlly took it to the half court sets where the Cats had a decided advantage. Rebounding was a big key and what else can be said about Josh Harrellson. The big country boy that "noodles" (pull catfish and turtles out from logs under water) dominated the boards and played outstanding offensively and defensively. Brandon Knight also played very well, held Knowles in check plus hitting his shots and running the team. UK imo came together today and played team ball. Louisville is not as bad as the Cats made them look. Completely dominated every phase o the game. When UL did start one of their runs in the 2nd half it was stopped

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) - Brandon Knight scored 25 points and Josh Harrellson added a career-high 23 points and 14 rebounds as No. 11 Kentucky defeated No. 22 Louisville 78-63 on Friday.

The Wildcats (11-2) used their size to improve to 2-0 against their rivals since John Calipari became head coach. Kentucky dominated the smaller Cardinals (11-2) in the lane behind the stellar play of Harrellson, who took advantage while Louisville focused on Terrence Jones.

http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/123110aaa.html

GO BIG BLUE!!!

Envy Our Past, Fear Our Future!!!

Edited by oldrambler

On a side note I find it funny how some UL fans are putting blame on Pitino :lol:. I am just waiting...."fire Rick", "Pitino is not that good anymore". :lol:I certainly remember them riding UK fans (and some justified btw) about complaning about coaches.

Today imo wasn't Pitino's fault at all, UL got their butts kicked by a better basketball team..........period.

UK is now 1-0 in Lousville's Yum Center. New house is the same as the old house. :popcorn:

Seriously, the Yum Center is a beautiful building/facility. UL and their fans should be proud. :thumb:

Anyone notice all the U of L players flopping all game long. Everytime they rubbed a screen or went past someone they acted like a truck hit them. Thank goodness the refs realized they were faking. Also Miller got a cheap foul or two when he tried to go over the screen and the screener knocked him into the guy he was guarding. Who says Pitino can't coach? When you don't have the horses you have to try and win somehow and it worked occasionally.

Anyone notice all the U of L players flopping all game long. Everytime they rubbed a screen or went past someone they acted like a truck hit them. Thank goodness the refs realized they were faking. Also Miller got a cheap foul or two when he tried to go over the screen and the screener knocked him into the guy he was guarding. Who says Pitino can't coach? When you don't have the horses you have to try and win somehow and it worked occasionally.
Yes, I noticed it. While it was a decent strategy, I think it ended up taking them out of rhythm because they were so worried about it and it ended up just being annoying.