Kentucky 78 Louisville 63

AHSPanther23

Only time will tell my man. Thankfully you have sense in regards to high school choice.

You are the one that shows no sense when it comes to UL football and basketball. Kentucky has won the last 6 meeting between the two and yet you continually try to act like they are world beaters. And on top of that, you have already put Charlie "The Tuna" Strong up on a pedestial. He may turn out to do a good job, but please don't annoint him king until he actually does something. At this point, Kentucky owns Louisville in both football and basketball, and to proclaim otherwise is really quite sad and laughable.

Please try to use some of the same logic and sense you use in the ROCKS threads when posting about Kentucky. I know you hate them, but facts are clouding your reality.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and B) Pitino isn't the devil reincarnated. :D

I will agree with you but imo he is very closely related. :D

When Pitino first left U.K. a large number of us told him "where he could go", now that he is a fixture at U.L. I can see that he has finally arrived in the place down below referred to. :sssh::lol:

That and Duke basketball: RP says that he hates U.K. but he blast people that says they can't stand Duke. :idunno: :lol:

This forum is one of the best on the web. Part of the fun is going back and forth with posters that don't agree with you. That is perfectly alright. But when you are insulted and talked down to because your views are different, the fun goes away quickly.

Buckles being out of the whole game killed Louisville. I beleive that if he was in the game would have been completely different. One thing was definitely proven, Buckles and Jennings is going to be very important on the inside game and for size going into conference play. If either of them are injured or not playing well, the season could be rough.

Is Buckles really that much of a difference maker?

Is Buckles really that much of a difference maker?

8.2 points per game, 7.5 rebounds per game against the likes of Butler, Jackson State, Chattanooga, Marshall, FIU, South Alabama, San Francisco, UNLV, Drexel, Gardner Webb, WKU and Morgan State (all home games except for WKU).

Buckles would have helped the cards out, but not enough to make it much more competitive than it was in my opinion. When the talent levels are that far apart, you pick your poison if you're the less talented team. Had it not been Harrellson of all people, it would have been someone else.

I always love hearing the bantering between the UK/UL faithful in regards to football. Both stink and we all know both teams' success will always be short lived. Like arguing between what is better: mud or dirt.

:lol:

It's clearly dirt.

So, I watched the post-game interviews of both Pitino and Cal on the C-J site. I found a few things interesting:

1) Pitino, although everyone blames him for double-speak, clearly said that this won't be the last game we lose, and he credited UK many times for being the better team.

2) Cal stated that he thought that their best strategy was putting Liggins on Siva. Apparently, for all the crap people say about Siva, Cal thinks that Siva is the key to the Cards. Since I'm a fan of Siva, I was heartened that someone else actually thought he was good. :lol: He also said that as the Cards were 46% in shooting that he guessed they hadn't done as well as he'd hoped in stopping them. Obviously they (UK) did much better, but given the scored, I'd have thought the Cards were shooting worse as well.

3) In an article about the pre-game chat between Cal and Pitino, Cal mentioned that Pitino and his wife had sent a condolence card when Cal's mother died. I guess A) the rumors of the demise of the Pitino marriage aren't exactly on the mark, and B) Pitino isn't the devil reincarnated. :D

4) And last but not least, I was disappointed that Cal didn't wear his towel, now that I know what it is. :lol:

...disguised as an angel of light?:D